Unifi Switches POE control

Did you wait ?
When you switch it off, you just send the command, the status get back to on for maybe 30 second, the time that the port is actually switched off and the controller report the change.

@Shaad you are right… it takes a while until it actually changes the status :slight_smile:
Thanks!

How did you get the list of ports, i have the integration but i can only see the devices no additional information about the switch just the device tracker, and i have selected all the options in the integration side on home assistant, also i am using a local admin account on the Unifi side. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi Sebster, i have th same poe spliter as you and i was wondering how did you add the script to your switch? eg fan_on.sh and fan_off.sh?

The scripts are stored and run on the Home Assistant instance, not on the switch. They can be added using the File Editor or SSH.

hello all, new Home Assistant user here.
I previously used FHEM to switch my Unifi APs on and off (POE control). That stopped working unfortunately.
I managed to get HA working and I can switch on and off my Unifi POE cams (super! :slight_smile: ), but it seems Unifi APs cannot be switched as infrastructure is not supported? Is this a feature which may be implemented in the future?

There is a PR published to simplify poe control in unifi integration to just expose all poe ports. It will probably be a part of 2022.2 release

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Does 2022.2 mean February approximately?

Yes the.x suggests which month it’s released in

1 Like

Thanks Robban - looking forward to the February release.

It works well to drop a device off the network via POE, but the switch always resets to on state even when POE is still off on the switch. Status in the integration doesn’t truely reflect the port.

1 Like

Thanks for this helped alot

Hi, is it already possible to control the POE from a Unifi device (AP)?

Nope, that will be solved by the aforementioned PR that unfortunately is stale at the moment

Looking forward to the new PR. Currently, the PoE control is a bit confusing.

1 Like

The switch still presents as “ON” even though I turned it off, and the PoE on the port is indeed off.

To turn the PoE port back on, I have to drag the switch to “OFF” and then “ON” again.

Same behavior as described above by @derekpurdy

This is very confusing and inconvenient, is there any way to fix this?
Thank you.

Hello,

I just begin with this integration and I wonder if it’s possible to control POE for ubiquiti camera ? I try and it’s seem it does not work but I hope it’s due to a mistake of mine.

There “might” be an issue in certain scenarios.
See: unifi PoE not working ¡ Issue #71017 ¡ home-assistant/core ¡ GitHub

It previously worked for me but broke at some point. Can’t say what caused it for me because I’ve upgraded both HA and my Unifi devices many times between it working/not working.

Edit:
More active github issue posted here as well

POE seems to be working for me again since 2022.7.x, many thanks.

However I have a similar setup to one of the posts above - a POE splitter plugged into a Flex port, with a female regular-USB socket, a dual Y splitter so I can connect 2 fans to the 1 port, then some blower fans plugged into this. The wireless expander on my Texecom alarm in the loft overheats sometimes in the summer and the Richocet wireless PIRs start falling off the mesh network. This fixes it.

I do not have anything plugged into the ethernet part of the POE splitter, so there is no link on the port. The POE aspect is fully controllable from the Unifi controller…but I cannot control power in HA, there is no entity in HA for the POE port.

… so presumably an ethernet ‘link’ is required for it to populate? Or is there any easy way to manually control the POE port which doesn’t have a ‘device’? Without using an external script (no CLI on the Flex).

1 Like

Not right now. But there are plans to change so all poe ports are exposed in HA as belonging to the switch device rather than the client device. When that happens it will be possible

4 Likes