Unifi Switches POE control

I have no idea, I don’t think that should be any issue, its electronics just like everything else.

Not yet, its a requested feature though and its on my todo

1 Like

Got the Unifi integration set up yesterday and the PoE port shutdown works great! Thanks again!!

Can I disable the device tracker function? Immediately had 130 entities via the integration and don’t need the info at the moment if a device (LAN/Wifi) is currently active.

Change the options of the config entry and they will be removed

Just deactivated these two settings:

But after a restart of my Home Assistant the entities are still there:

I just want to control the Unifi Devices. (APs and Switches)

Ok, there is no other report on this being an issue. I recommend you write a github issue on this so it’s not forgotten. I’m reworking some aspects of the integration so I will look at it later on.

Ok - The entity thing is not a big issue.

THANKS again for the great Unifi integration. The wifi shutdown works perfectly and I was also able to reboot my IP cams yesterday via Home Assistant, which was really useful when changing IP addresses. :wink:

1 Like

Hi again,

I’m not able to turn on/off PoE on my Unifi Switch anymore.
Is there a problem ATM or am I doing something wrong?
@Robban Please help! :slight_smile:

No known issue regarding PoE control afaik. Did you do something with either hass or unifi versioning?

Thanks for your reply.

Both on the newest version.

HASS
Home Assistant 2023.5.4
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.2
Frontend 20230503.3 - latest

Unifi
Controller 7.4.156
USW-48-PoE 6.5.32

The switch to turn PoE on/off in Home Assistant is still there. But it jumps right back to ON and PoE remains active.

Did you do any software upgrade in proximity of when it stopped working?

This one is not available on stable for UDMP yet so can’t test it.

I thought I was only getting “stable” updates for the controller…
So I can currently only wait right?

Yes, sorry, I saw that it actually was running on my UDMP earlier this evening.

I just tried it here and it works as expected PoE disable and enable as it should. Try to restart the unifi controller or Unifi OS properly.

I have a UDM base running Network 7.4.156 and I discovered recently that all the switches for controlling POE devices became unavailable.

When I reloaded the Unifi integration, the HA switches for POE disappeared altogether. I have switches to control Internet access for selected clients but no POE power control.

In a previous version of the integration, I think switches for POE control were an option with a checkbox during setup, but that part only the setup seems standard now.

As an additional piece of information, my local HA admin user on Unifi has local admin rights within the Network application, and UniFi OS permissions are set to none for that user.

Is this a bug or just something I’ve overlooked? Thanks.

Found the error!
They must have changed something with the switch port profiles on the controller.
If a port is assigned to a profile, PoE can no longer be controlled and is preset by the profile.
My AccessPoints all had a profile assigned, which has worked fine so far. Now I have to manually assign these ports to VLANs and it works again with the PoE switch.

I will have to look into that. Thanks. I wonder if it’s expected behavior or a bug in unifi

1 Like

Since a few releases back the poe implementation changed from tracking poe control of a client to control the distinct ports poe.

The new poe implementation create all poe switches as initially disabled so you need to enable the ones you want to use

1 Like

Just coming back here to confirm that I was able to find and enable POE control in HA after I found the disabled switches associated with my Unifi device in HA.

Thanks @Robban!

1 Like

Hello,

trying to toogle the PoE power on a UDM SE here.

All PoE ports of the UDM are detected correctly and I enabled one of them for testing which is also showing correctly now:

When I click on the “port_3_poe_power” entity I can even see the power consumption of that device:

When I click on the “port_3_poe” entry I do get the switch window

but when I try to toggle the switch I only get this error message and the PoE power stays on:

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards and thanks in advance for any tip on this
Andreas

2 Likes

Any update on this “failed to call service…” error code? Experiencing the same thing. Even installed a fresh instance of HA on a new Raspberry pi

Thanks