“packages”: ,
“init_commands”: ,
“plugins”: [
“homebridge-arlo”,
“homebridge-webos3”,
“homebridge-xbox-one”
]
}

I’ve discovered that I no longer want to use the homebridge-arlo plugin anymore, but I’ve tried everything to remove it. I’ve removed it from the above, instances of it in the homebridge config JSON, deleted both the files in Accessories, and Persist. Reinstalled Homebridge Addon. Even gave it a new Homekit ID.

The Arlo hub still appears. How do I completely remove it? Everything else for me works in homebridge. I just want to get rid of the Arlo addon.

Perhaps the real question is:

How do I do a brand new install of the Homebridge addon?

npm uninstall -g homebridge-arlo or sudo npm uninstall -g homebridge-arlo

this depend on how to install it.

My instance is a Hass IO instance, and homebridge was installed as an addon. npm isn’t available on my instance, unless I’m missing something?

I didn’t use hassio.

It would be better if you ask from here

Cleanup (or entirely remove) the persistent folder. See the FAQ section of the add-on for more information and hints.

Thanks for the response. I’ve tried that, multiple times unfortunately. I’ve tried both deleting just the files in the Persist folder as well as completely deleting the Persist folder. Additionally, I’ve deleted the file in Accessories as well. Uninstalled, restarted HassIO, reinstalled, changed the username and Homekit ID in the config.JSON. The Arlo security accessory continues to show up.

Also, I definitely appreciate directing me to the faq, but the FAQ doesn’t contain any information on completely removing plugins from the homebridge addon. Unless I’m missing that section?

I was referring to the FAQ, not because it talks about the plugins, it talks about removing the persistent folder and its location.

It sounds like this is caused by HomeKit itself. Do the devices still pop up in the logs of the add-on? If not, I suggest changing the “username” in your Homebridge configuration (which effectively tells HomeKit/iCloud that this is a other/new device).

Hi There. Thanks for directing me in the better direction. Yes, I’ve read those, and actually have done all of suggestions listed. Still, the Arlo accessory appears.

I’ve also tried your suggestion of changing the “username” - actually, this is what I’ve done each and every time when I uninstalled Homebridge and reinstalled. I’ve also assigned a brand new HomeKit ID as well.

So one thing I need to mention is that the reason why I’m trying to get rid of this, is that I’ve installed the Home Assistant version of Arlo which is far more reliable and has more features (eg ability to use cameras as motion sensors). This is working great, and I had thought at first that the reason why I’m seeing the old Arlo accessory in HomeKit was due to the HA version of Arlo, but when I check in Homekit and look at the details of Arlo Accessory - it clearly says it’s Arlo and not a Home Assistant created accessory in Homekit.

Despite that and just in case, tried using hidden_homebridge: true option on the Customize.yaml for the HA specific Arlo item. Still no go.

Note sure! Maybe you should try asking this question on the GitHub of the Homebridge project itself.

Reasoning: The add-on simply encapsulated the software provided by them.