Unique setup for wall-mounted iPad

I have settled on very nice setup for my wall-mounted iPad I figured I would share with the community. It revolves arround the app Kiosker Pro:

• The app has a screensaver function, which I have directed to Immich Kiosk. So the ipad functions as a photo frame when not being interacted with.
  • The home page is set to my home assistant dashboard. So tap the screen to dismiss the screensaver/photos.
  • I am using the API functionality of the app in conjunction with NodeRed: when my doorbell is rung, the app is navigated to a page that displays my front-door camera feed.

Only issue is the app is a bit expensive ($34.99) - but everything described is working perectly.

2 Likes

Could you post your node-red stuff for the api? I’ve been using kiosker for a few years and on the whole it’s been pretty good. I did ask the dev about MQTT integration and he seemed interested but nothing yet…

Sure thing, it is pretty straightforward using an http request node. Here is an example to navigate to a particular page. Just set the payload to the page URL right before this

The API is documented here: Swagger UI (kiosker.io)

1 Like