Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

I have tried to find a solution, but until now, export _control_user_limit was the only way …
The number of write changes has been relatively low: twice a month typically

Ok, thanks. In Czech Republic it now triggers basically every Saturday and Sunday. Still not bad I guess…

Hi

Installed a X1 Hybrid G4 a few weeks ago and installed this integration and all works very well apart from every few days the data stops updating. HA doesn’t update it’s entities (they remain at the last values).
I don’t think it’s an integration fault as restarting HA doesn’t clear it - the log shows the integration failing to get a serial number.
The only solution I’ve found is to unplug the WiFi dongle for a few seconds. When re-connected within a couple of minutes HA starts showing the values again (even without a restart).
The Solax cloud (connected via same WiFi adaptor) continues to update correctly all the time.
Firmware was updated by Solax 6 weeks ago so is I believe current.
Any ideas on how to perhaps debug or ideally fix?
Many thanks

A quick reply: For Solax Gen4, using the modbus interface of the wifi dongle is not the recommended way. It much depends on the version of the wifi dongle. The stable solution is to use the serial RS485 modbus connection with a Ethernet to RS485 adapter.
This is discussed in the wiki and on several forum pages. A more complete reply may follow …

Thanks for info. For reference I’m on a V3 wifi and was using this document.

Just noticed though that it says the wifi version should be V3.004.03 and mine is 3.001.02. Guess they didn’t update the wifi firmware with the ARM and DSP update. Has anyone got the firmware file ? (I can ring Solax next week if needs be but would be nice to sort :wink:)

I would just email them. That’s how a few others have gotten the updated Pocket WiFi Firmware.

General:

• @mludolph has added in support for Modbus RTU over TCP and Modbus Ascii over TCP. Modbus RTU over TCP allows for compatibility with RS485-Ethernet adaptors such as USR-TCP232-304

Growatt:

• Added Today/Total Battery Charge / Discharge and Load
  • Added number “Grid Export Limit”
  • Added select “Allow Grid Export”
  • Corrected “Charger Time”, “Grid Times” & “Load Times”
  • Corrected “Grid Power” & “Total House Load” scaling.

SolaX:

• Added select “Lock State” as requested in #396

SolaX EPS:

• Corrected sensor.solax_eps_set_frequency closes #412

Solis:

• Added serial starting ‘110F’
  • Breaking Change replaced all RO Times with just Times
  • @infradom has reworked the mechanism for Solis Inverters to program the Charge/Discharge Times. The times no longer revert back on each polling cycle. Check the Wiki for Instructions on use Closes #295

Hi,

On SolaX AC boost, I don’t have grid export or inport.

Just a mesured power that doesn’t fit anything.

The Grid Import / Export registers don’t exist on the X1 Air/Boost/Mini even though it might be possible to attach a Modbus Meter or CT Clamp.
There is a possibility they might get added in a future Firmware upgrade though. The X3 MIC Gen1 received an update to support them, although the Gen2 hasn’t so far.

Ok I have the last firmware.

But the measured power doesn’t fit the measured power by the clamp, it’s normal ?

Thanks. I emailed them and it seems I now have have a later version of the pocket WiFi but the web interface has a bug that still shows 3.001.02 despite the actual version. Spoke to tech support and he’s confirmed I’m now on 3.008.10. So will see if the Modbus still hangs.

I’m in the same situation. V3.001.02, did V 3.008.10 works to give data to HA?

Hi.

Unable to say what version was on before 3.008.10 as it’s always shown 3.001.02 (and still does!). Tech support suspect it was probably 3.006 as that was released in July 22.
Eitherway I’ve always had all the data just that every few days it would stop responding to the request from the integration and the only fix was to unplug the dongle for a few seconds.
Will see how it now goes over the next few days and I’ll report back. :crossed_fingers:3.008.10 has fixed it.

can I you send me the version into my mail?

Sorry but didn’t get the file - tech support remotely updated it.

Dear Bigmotherwhale,

I’m currently looking into CAN-bus for this battery/inverter and found the meaning of some ID’s, for the same purpose. Have you found anything useful on around CAN-bus for this setup?

Kind regards

Just a quick update, since the upgrade to 3.008.10 on the pocket WiFi I’ve no further lockups so looks like solax fixed it😄

1 Like

I had the same update (plus my inverter). One thing that I noticed and got them to sort sharpish was the inverter using grid when there was plenty of PV. The issue was a setting in the inverter. The PBias was set to INV and is now disabled so everything is back to normal (plus my battery now charges to 100% instead of 98%!).

Mine too has not had the issue where it stopped reporting.

Just checked my settings and pgrid bias was set to Inv but I hadn’t noticed any problem with it using the grid when PV was available -apart from the small amounts presumably when balancing. I’ve changed this to disabled now and will monitor. Do you know what this setting means?
I’ve set my battery max charge to 95% (using new setting in previous inverter update) ?and had noticed that after this last update it did sometimes creep up to 98%.

I noticed my inverter leeching from grid because my hourly cost would go up (not down). I don’t know what it means, but their techs dialled in and disabled it for me and let me know what they had done. Mine used to sit on 98% - if it did ever go to 99% or 100% it would refuse to discharge and the only solution was to force discharge to 97% and then it would act normally and not use the grid to run the house!

I suspect the Pgrid setting is possibly new (not in my previous firmware) or it’s just defaulted to a non-favourable setting after the update.