Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

I have set my Pgrid Bias to disabled. Before making this change, my inverter consumed a small amount of energy from the grid (which was not needed in spring/summer/autumn)

I have the same bevahiour on my inverter, where can I find the ā€œPgridā€ setting?
I got a firmware update for my X3 Hybrid (Gen3) from SolaX one or two months ago which was from December 2022, so now my inverter is showing DSP version 2.07 and Manager ARM version 2.03 - donā€™t know if that is the version for it which has the setting thoughā€¦
Iā€™m not using a Pocket WiFi by the way.

Pgrid Doesnā€™t exist on the Gen3. Or at least it doesnā€™t exist with that naming convention.

Can anyone tell me the default/ correct setting for the ā€œConsume off Powerā€ setting for a X1 Hybrid G4 please?

Whilst scrolling up the HA page I think I may have accidentally changed it :confused:. All seems fine but not knowing what it does /meansā€¦

Thanks.

EDIT:-
SOLVED: Itā€™s a setting only relevant when using the Dry Contacts and Smartsave mode so not an issue that effects me.

1 Like

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but can dupont wires be used for this? Iā€™ve just received the Exceedcon plug for my Solis Inverter and will solder the wires tonight, but I wanted to make sure it would work! I have tried solis2mqtt but am not having any luck with that, but it could also be because of the lack of solderā€¦

Thanks!

Hi, could you help me and write to me, how to connect to Solax X3 Hybrid Gen3 using Modbus RS485? I canā€™t connect Pocket Wifi (it doesnā€™t transmit its SSID). I monitor smart meter interface (485), but there is hard traffic at 9600bps. I have TTL/485 converter, but I donā€™t know where 485 wires connect to Inverter. Is it smart meter interface or another one? Thanks.

@DTI On the Gen3 Hybrid you can use the built in Ethernet, the RS485 connection is for the Modbus Power Meter.

Thank you, I tested it yesterday and it is working - Modbus TCP at 502 TCP port.

@wills106 Hello, Iā€™am new in this topic. I was find here, but not everything.
1/ Iā€™am using RS485 convertor USR-W601, Iā€™am already see in my network, use static address. Is that address what Iā€™am using for HA? Probably yes just asking.
2/ is necessary change something in USR converter, like port, baud speed, work mode. I was change port on it to 502, change baud speed to 9600 and the mode to Modbus TCP<=>Modbus RTU. Iā€™m not sure about these adjustments.
If I use in HA like that, I donā€™t see any entities and probably is also not connected if I check the the LOG in HA. Thank you!

HI, Sorted out automations (using Node Red) to control Solax X1 Hybrid G4 via remotecontrol options to cater for off peak battery charging, EV charging etc and all working well :slightly_smiling_face: except known issue of when the inverter has gone into Idle mode. Not a real issue at this time of year as solar is keeping the battery charged but come winter may be.

I operate only in Self Use mode so as a workaround would this work -
Set the Force Charge Start time to 23:30 (start of off peak and when my automations start to trigger), Force Charge End time to 23:32, Min self use SOC = 10% and ā€œCharge Battery toā€ to 11%.

The intention is that this will force the inverter into ā€œNormalā€ mode for sufficient time for my automations to start which enables Charging / Holding / Discharging using parameters set each day (solar forecast etc.).

Is there any reason why this shouldnā€™t work to overcome the ā€œidleā€ issue?

Thanks

I am a complete newbie and have the same problem Manu-J and HVG had for Solax - showing just 4 entities even though I am connection via LAN. Suggestion to Shutdown/Powerup worked well for them.
However I donā€™t know how to do this in a save manner - didnā€™t find anything in the Solax manual.
Any advice for me ?

Hello I am a bit puzzled re Modbus TCP connectivity. I have Solax X3 Hybrid G4 connected via Pocket LAN. Invertor was just updated by Solax support to Invertor code 33 09 31 (ARM 2.03, DSP 2.07) and I still cannot connect to Modbus TCP port 502. I asked Solax support and they replied:

ā€œonly wifi 3.0 supports Modbus TCP, if you are using the Pocket Lan, please try to use the Modbus RTU protocolā€.

Some posts in this thread suggest WIFI is actually not very reliable with Modbus TCP so I thought Pocket LAN is the way to go but according to Solax it does not work at all? Or what do they mean by Modbus RTU, I guess they refer to RS485/IP adapter?

Thanks

When people refer to Modbus over TCP itā€™s either via the built in Ethernet on Gen2/3 Hybrid or through a Waveshare style device on the Gen4 Hybrid or any PV only SolaX inverter.

The PocketLan doesnā€™t provide a Modbus connection.

My Gen4 is using PocketWifi and works perfectly :slight_smile:

Will, thanks a lot for a quick reply. Itā€™s a bit unfortunate Solax does not support Modbus on Pocket LAN but nothing we can do about it I guess. I will try to switch to Pocket WIFI hoping my site and all historical data will remain in SolaxCloud, hope it will not be erased.

If you already have a PocketLan for the cloud why donā€™t you just use a Waveshare for Modbus?

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s also an option. The thing is I have PocketWIFI unused at home, the installation company left it here, I guess it comes as standard with the invertor and they ordered Pocket LAN for me extra.

Iā€™d use the PocketWifi then - works 100% for me. Just hook it up to your internal Wifi, grab the IP and go ā€¦

Just dont complain if it stops working after a month or twoā€¦ For most people, pocketwifi works for a while, but then the bug reports come in ā€¦ :wink:

Hi, thanks to @wills106 and his integration i was able to connect solax x3 G4 inverter using waveshare. Good job! But I cannot find if it is possible to see battery upper SOC setting? I use Self use mode where I set 85% baterry charging limit but cannot to see it in solax modbus intergration :frowning: Thanks for any advice!