Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Hello,
have you found a solution to the problem.
I also have a Solax sk/ue 5000 and would like to bring it to the HA

Hi,

I own a Growatt MIN2500TL-XH hybrid device connected with a waveshare RS485 to EHT (b) to the Solax plugin in home assistant, when I make the connection (A.e. reload the integration) I can see communication on the waveshare but in the logs I get this fault:

2023-12-18 21:58:05.468 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus.plugin_growatt] Read Omvormer Modbus 0x9 firmware number before potential swap: xx1.0�ZAba�

2023-12-18 21:58:05.469 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.solax_modbus.plugin_growatt] unrecognized Omvormer Modbus inverter type - firmware version : xx1.0�ZAba�

I have set the integration to Growatt, and the baud raid is set to 9200, polling is set to 10 seconds, the connection is set to “Modbus RTU over TCP”

This is my device Property info: xx1.0/xxxxxxxx/ZAba-0026/S01B08D00T00P0FU01M0019
Is there something I am missing?
Is there any one who got this device working with the Solax integration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Remco

That’s a strange baudrate, which would explain the garbage you are receiving. 9600 baud is a more likely value.

Sorry, my mistake. It is set to 9600.

I’m trying to get this set up but I can’t find which firmware version my X1 Boost Gen3 is using. Does anyone know where I can find this?

have any1 succesfully got any communication with a Growatt MID20K-TL3 inverter? tried both serial and network reader. nu luck. - dont get entities.

@wills106,
Thank you for implementing this interface, great work.
I have 5 devices on the serial RS484 Modbus, which can also be addressed individually one after the other via the “configuration.yaml” configuration.
Devices: 1x RCT Power DC10 Master, 1x RCT Power DC6 Slave, 1x Growatt MIC1500, 1x Growatt MIN2500, 1x SDM630 for heat pump

So far I have not been able to get the Solax (Growatt) integration to work in parallel with the Modbus query in “configuration.yaml”.
My question now is this even possible?

Incidentally, the Growatt MIN2500 has the identifier “AK1” in the serial number, which I have temporarily added for myself.
In my opinion, the MIC1500 gives “WH1” corresponds to the first if condition in the code.
For both Growatt devices, the value for the AC (grid) power must be multiplied by 0.1 to make it fit.
Both devices can be operated in parallel (Hub1 + Hub2)

Greetings
ttedman

Hi friends!

For the life of me I cannot get this to work.
I have a 10kW Solax X3 Gen4 Hybrid connected to the cloud via Pocket Lan. Everything works fine so far, but I wanted to have the full information and functionality via. modbus, not only the API interface.
So I have bought the recommended RS485/ETH converter. Connected it and configured it.
RS485 is connected as mentioned in the installation nodes cable Pin4 (A) and Pin 5 (B). I tested with a multimeter the connection and it looks fine. Cable is connected to the COM Port of the inverter. I checked the settings within the solax menu 19200 baud, address 1.

Also waveshare LINK briefly turns blue and then is “always” green and ACT is always off.

But it looks like I am not getting any reply from the inverter:

Does anyone have an idea on how to troubleshoot?
Thanks!

1 Like

I tried connecting to the Modbus of the DTSU666 and here I can receive Data (also changed to Baudrate of 9600). Which means my RS485 to eth works fine.

However, the HA application still can not recognize the inverter, probably because other data is sent via the “Meter” port of the inverter.

Any tips for me :)?

1 Like

Hi - thanks for the integration. I’ve got it installed and working fine. I also installed a couple of other integrations that leverage this to try and automate battery charging, but I’m struggling to integrate Octopus Agile with them. One thing I can’t quite get to the bottom of is how exactky do I trigger my invereter to ‘force charge’ ? Is there an entity for that, or do I need to toggle the work mode ? Any poiters as I begin to explore this rabbit hole would be great !

Hi guys, don’t know what happened, thanks to all the hard work from WILLs6 and JW solar, I had a good system. Woke up this morning and the Modbus is not polling, tried to connect and disconnect and tried restarting the SOLAX inverter twice. No joy. There also seems to be a new interface from SOLAX. Anyone else got this?

scrub that, just restarted the VM and voila !! great stuff

I must be doing something stupid but can’t figure it out.

I want to plot SolaX Battery Capacity and SolaX ForceTime Period 1 Max Capacity on the same history graph. Both entities have the same unit of measurement.

HA insists on showing each one in a separate graph … help!

Created a copy of SolaX Battery Capacity:

- name: "my Solax Battery Capacity"
        state: "{{ states('sensor.solax_battery_capacity')|float(0) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "%"

This shows up on the same graph as SolaX ForceTime Period 1 Max Capacity.

Does Solax Battery Capacity have unusual encoding for its unit of measurement?

Anyone have a clue why would the integration increment the Battery input energy while the battery was clearly discharging?

Battery output energy was incremented correctly matching the battery discharge, so it was incrementing both the input and output battery energy which doesn’t make any sense :exploding_head:

I have found this in the setting of my Solax X3 Hybrid inverter:

It seems like a command that prevent battery to charge car battery.
I can’t find this feature in Home Assistant integration.

I updated to the latest HA beta (2024.4.0b0) and my integration stopped working. I couldn’t find anything in the logs so I’m going to try the update again.

There is only this in the “breaking changes” regarding MODBUS :

The Modbus integration do not allow a configuration with the device only (no entities), this will create an issue, and the entry will not be loaded.

For the special cases (like some custom_components) where it is wanted, please add a dummy entity.

(@janiversen - #113516) (documentation)

Nope, definitely doesn’t play with the new beta release.

I have added this into 2024.03.8

1 Like

Thanks a lot for that. I have the new version and I see it options but the system refuse tu change from enabled to disabled. Maybe it works only with Solach car charger?