Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Hi,

It is possible to update for solax G4 backup discharge min soc from 30 to less (like 20), it’s by default 30 but I can set less on solax app (like 20%)

Thanks.

What’s the minimum you can set it to? 20% or 10%? (In the Cloud / App)
Is it the same for “Backup Nightcharge Upper SOC”?

In app the minimum is 15, max 100

For Backup Nightcharge Upper SOC, i don’t know where is this setting on solax App.

If you just change the number / select on those don’t they just work?
Or do they revert back?

It’s been that long since I worked on Sofar I’m not 100% sure what state it’s in. Unfortunately once people get the part of the Integration working they want, they then don’t give any further feedback on other aspects. It also doesn’t help I don’t get much contribution to documenting the work modes of Inverters either.

Ok, I’ll change it from 30% to 15% in the next release.

I’m not sure where it’s in the app, if at all? I don’t own a Gen4.

Hi Will, they revert back. It takes sometimes few seconds and sometimes more than half minute. I use 15 seconds refresh period.

Ok they revert back at the same time your refresh period is set at.
So they don’t function correctly.

I’ll see if there are any newer Modbus docs about. Unfortunately the ones I was using were from 2020 and were quite vague!

Thanks for the future update

On solax hybrid G4 in last update I have state of health at 0% and bms capacity at 0kwh.

The BMS sensors don’t always return accurate figures, or nothing at all.
It depends on which batteries you use as they have different BMS units.
That’s why I have previously left them out. But there was a request to add those ones in.

Ok.

Any sensor that can report the state of health or capacity ? It’s an interesting sensor.

There is “Battery State of Health” but I don’t know if it actually return anything on all battery types and I don’t know how it’s calculated.

I’m not aware of a capacity in kWh, the only capacity is the % which you could template into an approx kWh capacity.

Just released 2023.12.2

Thanks it’s works :slight_smile:

Hi @wills106 - it seems that the Solax Battery Awaken Button isn’t working - or at least not with Solax X3 Hybrid G4. If the battery is in sleep mode none of the settings can be changed. The only way I found out to wake up the battery/inverter is going into the Solax APP and hit Save button at the “System ON/OFF” settings with “ON” selected (even thought it was already ON).

Is there any way how to wake it up using your integration? Thanks!

Using the app is the only reliable way unfortunately.

I have started to have another look at Sofar to see if I can make some improvements.

I have made a number of small changes in 2023.12.3
The Time of Use section will need further work. It might needs to be setup like “Update Charge/Discharge Times”

Edit: Don’t use 2023.12.3 on Sofar, you’ll loose MPPT 1 and 2 Values.
Working on a correction now.

I tested new release and still the same. I will wait for next releases with new improvements.

Do you have a GitHub account? It would be easier to chat over a discussion on the Integration repository. Otherwise it will get lost between other questions.

I have started a new discussion Sofar - Further Development

Don’t use 2023.12.3 on Sofar, you’ll loose MPPT 1 and 2 Values.
Working on a correction now.

Should be corrected in 2023.12.4 Also started adding in TOU Charge Mode (Untested)