Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis)

The MIC doesn’t have the registers for a Power Meter. Unless the docs are not correct?

I think it should have them, they do show up in the cloud, and the menu on the inverter also shows them. Plus the kWh-meter pinout on the RJ45 connector is mentioned in the manual.

I know they should be there, as I was aware of them being in the cloud from another user. But they are not listed.

Maybe we should stop sending updates for the sensors of the MIC when it is in run mode Waiting.
Looks like they all drop to 0, except the daily yield sensor, which resets to 0 based on the clock. They all get values again at the exact time the run mode changes to Check or Normal.

Sounds like a good idea …

@Kars 0.6.0 Beta 6 contains the MIC corrections for precision and scaling. @infradom has also done some work around the Inverter going to sleep. For total_yield we might need an extra zero in the scaling, although I’m not sure what exactly your Inverter is showing in the Cloud.

Frequency now shows 50,02, thanks!

Scaling of total_yield is not correct yet, it now shows 192,68 MWh, it should be 1,9268 MWh (so divided by 100).

The cloud sensor shows 1.926,8 kWh, so the precision matches.

I am going to install a separate kWh meter for the PV system, the accuracy of the inverter AC measurements isn’t very high.

Running 0.6.0b7a now, scaling of total_yield is correct now, but the resolution is too low for the energy dashboard, unless you have a really big setup.
It shows 1,97 MWh now, the cloud sensor shows 1967,4 kWh.
Perhaps we should change its unit to kWh after all…

Sorry, forgot to change the number of digits
We could easily add 2 more digits in the round function, but I am still convinced expressing this in kWh makes more sense. All other total sensors are in kWh

1 Like

I’m really not bothered if they are in MWh or kWh and no one else has commented in the two months the poll has been active for.

So feel free to change it.

For the Energy Dashboard aren’t you best using daily yield? I don’t even have the total enabled.

I find the total values interesting because I let HA log to influxdb (long term statistics) database. I can then produce whatver graphical reports I want with tools like Grafana. Creating monthly reports is sometimes easier if you have total counters instead of just daily ones.
The _total fields also give a relatively easy indication of the return-on-investment of our installations.
In the coming days, I will probably convert total_yield to kWh

1 Like

I always thought it would be interesting to compare before and after Solar and also work out how much I am saving etc, especially now as prices are going silly.

I just updated to version 0.6.0b8, now AC frequencies and voltages and total yield are no longer updated, they have status unknown.
The inverter is in Normal run mode.

Sorry, I was not awake this morning when I did this. I should never do such things in the morning.
I will correct the error soon …

2 Likes

0.6.0 Beta 9 is out now.
Obviously I wasn’t fully paying attention either as I was focusing on some other changes.

1 Like

0.6.0b9 is looking good so far!

@arwooldridge did you have any luck connecting to your Inverter. or have you not looked into the RS485 route yet?

Hi - thank you for the ModBus module! One thing which is kinda strange - polling stops every 2 to 6h and I have to restart home-assistant. Any hints on that? I am only using this integration and Sonos. Thanks!

Do you have a GitHub account? It will be easier to provide support on there, as there is a template to follow and it get’s messy to follow along on here. Issues · wills106/homeassistant-solax-modbus · GitHub

If you don’t I can help on here.

Recommended to remove the Integration from the Integration page before updating, then re add the Integration. If updating from 0.5.x

All:

• New configuration options, allows setting the Baud rate for Serial Connections. - Check Wiki for Baud rates.
    Configurations split into separate views.
  • Harmonise Energy sensors to kWh.
  • Organising entities into new groups (Configuration & Diagnostics)
  • Lots of New Icons

Gen2:

Removed the following sensors:

• eps_auto_restart
  • eps_min_esc_soc
  • eps_min_esc_voltage

Gen3:

• discharger_start_time_1
  • discharger_end_time_1
  • discharger_start_time_2
  • discharger_end_time_2

Renamed:

• power_control_timeout - export_duration

Gen2 & Gen3:

New Functionality:

Ability to discharge battery into the Grid.
Please see the Wiki for details on usage.

Gen4:

Support for Numerous new sensors relating to Dry Contact and Solax Adapter Box.
Sensors set to disabled by default in this release.

• power_control_timeout

X3 MIC / PRO:

Now supports the X3 Mic / Mic Pro.
Only a limited number of sensors are available on these Inverters. - Do not poll below 5 second Interval!

1 Like