Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis)

Yes, battery one is.

As you can see it’s tight to be able to access anything!

That Black band is your BMS. They have changed things around since the 4.5kWh and 6kWh batteries. But on / inside somewhere is that 0-7 rotary dip switch.

I would recommend monitoring the above mentioned sensors.
It’s possible your whole system is functioning correctly, you just need to get used to how it all works.

There’s a plastic cover that unscrews, I can have a look. It might not have been set.

If it is set to zero don’t change it while it’s all powered up!

You need to fully power down the batteries and the Inverter before making any changes!

Also please note I am not a Solar Installer or a SolaX trained Engineer!

1 Like

There is a small dial. Pointing to 1

I won’t be touching it, I’m hoping they’re going to come out and check it. I don’t like touching any of this stuff!

It looks like it’s set to 1

What about shutting the system down with the big on/off switch on the inverter and rebooting it?

There would be no harm in doing so. But on the whole it seems like it’s probably all ok. Hard to say 100% without access to it.

Thanks for your time though. Appreciated. At least I’m not missing a critical switch!! I’ll see what they come back to me with.

Personally I would setup the Energy Dashboard and compare to your Octopus Dashboard.

Yesterday:
SolaX Today’s Import Energy = 8.89kWh
Octopus Dashboard Import = 8.873

I am pretty confident my setup is as accurate as can be.

I have setup two discussion’s on my GitHub page, so we can work out which Solis and which Sofar Inverters work with the different plugins.

What Ginlong Solis Inverter are you using?

What Sofar Solar inverter are you using?

I would appreciate any help in adding more support for additional Inverter Brands and Models of Inverters to my custom_component.

Even if you can’t connect your Inverter the to Integration at the moment, it will still be helpful if you can contribute any information on how the Serial Numbering works etc!

Modbus over LAN integration went without issue on my X3-hybrid G3 installed in May 2021. I also found that my firmware is v2.034.03 so I asked Solax support for a newer one. Version v4.52.0615 was sent. The question is: will the Modbus integration via port 502 still work? Thank you for answer.

I expect so? I am not aware of what changes are made in the different firmware revisions sorry.

And please, what firmware version do you have?

I have a single phase, so will be different.

I wouldn’t worry about the Firmware. I have not known a SolaX Inverter refuse to talk so far and we have 3 main Generations of Hybrids and multiple non Hybrid Inverters working.

thank you for answer. I also asked Solax if I can switch from version v2 directly to v4. I’ll see what the answer is and then I’ll let you know how it turned out.

Hello and sorry if this has been asked before. I setup the inverter over modbus without a hitch on the first day it was installed. After two(maybe three days) I woke up to all the entities being unavailable. So far I tried removing the integration and installing again and reloading it a dozen times, nothing helped so far and as it’s in some sort of “trial mode” where the installer is still messing about with it I don’t want to power it down.

Question is…did that happen to anyone? Also, will it come back if I power cycle the inverter or something? Or did something update I can kiss goodbye to my idea of controlling the inverter via HASS? (For now).

I would try a power cycle.

1 Like

oh I also forgot, this went through ethernet, using the pocketWifi. Could that be an issue? I was so happy I don’t need a modbus adapter :smiley:

It’s not a tested method. Some Pocket WiFi’s work, some don’t.
They are not the preferred method due to the security risks associated with them.