Universal zigbee gateway

Sure you’re welcome. I knew both are you :slight_smile:

@hijinx, I like your ready made option. I really like the SMA connector mod.

Did you cut off the trace antenna (at some point) to use the external option? or left it as is?

It sort of looks as if it’s cut between the two right most pins of the SMA connector.(as seen from the ebay pic’s) and the remaining antenna trace is connected to the GND of the SMA connector. It that correct?

I already thought that but wanted to make it clear for everyone.

@Akriss yes the traces are cut the way you described it. I think the pictures pretty much describe themselves.
Now all you need are the right tools and parts for it to do that mod. Have fun.

Solder iron or hot air?

Please say hot air.
I may use this as a good excuse to buy a inexpensive hot air reworking station. :slight_smile:

I use a solder iron, you can probably also use a hot air gun.

I have tried both firmwares and even purchased ikea trådfri plugsockets for routers.

But to me it’s unclear how to pair to routers, how do I know where trafic goes? How do I unpair devices?

I hav reflashed the usb sniffer four times and only worked the first time, but I wanted to add more than 15 devices so i tried the firmware for 44 devices, but it didn’t seem to work.

So to sum up I am just really confused with zigbee and just want everything to work:))

TBH I agree with you. I think this is one of the areas where zigbee2mqtt is not strong - documentation is often a problem with rapidly evolving open source projects
You pair a router just like any other device.
But once you have routers paired it is not clear (at least to me) how devices device whether to pair with a router or the coordinator.
If you didnt yet install it, you should add the zigbee network map addon. Its v useful to see your network.

I also installed that and got it up and running. But then devices wouldn’t connect anymore. So I just gave up and went back to the xiaomi gateway which randomly speaks Chinese…

I think zigbee2mqtt has a lot of potential, but I don’t want to spend more time trying to figure it out.

Have you tried any other better options?

Hi all. If anyone is interested, then we started developing a universal open-source hardware gateway, based on esp32 and NXP JN5169/68, or you can use Zigate board with its firmware

But comments to code only Russian ) Ssory
1 Like

How is going with this?