Unknown error connecting to Hue bridge

Hello

My home assistant server stopped responding today so I had to restart it. Upon restart my Philips hue integration had an error and all my lights are unavailable.
I tried to remove and reinstall the Philips hue integration but I still receive the error.

The following error is in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hue.bridge
Source: components/hue/bridge.py:75
Integration: Philips Hue ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/hue), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+hue%22))
First occurred: 22:13:07 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:21:21

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hue/bridge.py", line 75, in async_initialize_bridge await self.api.initialize() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/__init__.py", line 103, in initialize await self.fetch_full_state() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/__init__.py", line 241, in fetch_full_state await asyncio.gather( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/controllers/base.py", line 306, in initialize await resource_control.initialize(initial_data) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/controllers/base.py", line 80, in initialize resource: CLIPResource = dataclass_from_dict(self.item_cls, item) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py", line 206, in dataclass_from_dict **{ File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py", line 207, in <dictcomp> field.name: _parse_value( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py", line 144, in _parse_value return dataclass_from_dict(value_type, value) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py", line 206, in dataclass_from_dict **{ File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py", line 207, in <dictcomp> field.name: _parse_value( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py", line 178, in _parse_value raise KeyError(f"`{name}` of type `{value_type}` is required.") KeyError: "`MotionSensingFeature.motion` of type `<class 'bool'>` is required."

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you update recently? This solved the issue for me. You’ll need to go to the Hue app, accessories and enable any disabled motion detectors. Once you do that, restart Home Assistant and you should be good.

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

I’m fully updated but still have the issue. I tried enabling the motion sensor in the hue app and then tried re-adding the hue integration after a restart but still have the same issue.

Any other ideas?

I left the hue hub unplugged over night and tried removing and adding the integration again and seems to be fine now.

Not too sure what happened but is now working.

Thanks for the help.

Same error here after upgrading to the latest release. I reverted back from 2022.2.8 to 2022.2.5 which fixed the issue.

Here is the full log.

Logger: homeassistant.components.hue.bridge
Source: components/hue/bridge.py:75
Integration: Philips Hue (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:43:58 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:43:58

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hue/bridge.py”, line 75, in async_initialize_bridge
await self.api.initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/init.py”, line 104, in initialize
await self.fetch_full_state()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/init.py”, line 242, in fetch_full_state
await asyncio.gather(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/controllers/base.py”, line 312, in initialize
await resource_control.initialize(initial_data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/v2/controllers/base.py”, line 80, in initialize
resource: CLIPResource = dataclass_from_dict(self.item_cls, item)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py”, line 206, in dataclass_from_dict
**{
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py”, line 207, in
field.name: _parse_value(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohue/util.py”, line 178, in _parse_value
raise KeyError(f"{name} of type {value_type} is required.")
KeyError: "Entertainment.owner of type <class 'aiohue.v2.models.resource.ResourceIdentifier'> is required."

Exact same issue here with 2022.2.7. I’ve reverted back to 2022.2.6 now and it’s working fine again.

Well, 2022.2.9 didn’t fix this. I tried upgrading, then removing and reinstalling the Hue integration, reconnecting it to the bridge, but after that the error came back, so the integration is unusable in it’s current state. I don’t think any developers are reading these threads here, so we’ll have to open an issue on Gutgub I guess.

A firmware update on the Hue bridge fixed it for me.