'Unknown' status from Nest protect

Hi,

Just added a Nest Protect to the house and added it to HA. However I get an ‘Unknown status’ for all the sensors.

HA 0.32.2

Relevant config:

nest:
  username: <email address>
  password: !secret nest
sensor: 
  - platform: nest
    monitored_conditions:
      - 'smoke_status'
      - 'co_status'
      - 'battery_level'

Nothing in the logs. My username and password are copied and pasted in and I have checked for trailing spaces etc. Also tried with my password in the configuration.yaml rather than in the secrets file.

Any help would be appreciated.
R.

I have the same problem and happened straight after I updated to latest version 32. I guess it broke something!

1 Like

Cheers for the reply Snarby,

I only got the Protect today and installed it up. I was running 0.32.2 for a day before I got it. I know there are a couple of people using Nest Protects here, perhaps there will be a fix coming.

Would a bug need to be logged?

When weirdness happens like something that always worked all of a sudden not working, the first place I search is GitHub issues. I do that, and if I don’t find something I come here and see if it’s just me and then ask if anybody is going to raise an issue on GitHub. Also, spend time browsing the Pull Requests on a regular basis - you can find if one of your issues is going to be fixed and it’s a great way to stay in front of changes and new features.

In short, you don’t have to be a hard core dev to find value in the HA GitHub repo. I just wanted to pass that on as well as this:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/4293

1 Like

I just noticed this - talk about rotten timing… But yeah, I’m in the same boat.

Cheers,

Live and learn. If nothing else browsing GitHub should cut down on the amount of noise in the forums.

I appreciate it rpitera.

1 Like

Hope my point wasn’t misunderstood; questions are always welcome here and I try to answer as many as I can. I just wanted to pass on some info I learned to provide additional resources. Sometimes my phrasing can be awkward.

Not at all, perfectly put. I should know better anyway :wink:

1 Like

For the record a downgrade to 0.31.1 has the Nest Protect working again.

Thanks to @rpitera and @tchellomello, greatly appreciated guys.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/4293

That’s just for testing though - downgrading could break other things so I would roll it back up while this is being addressed.

1 Like