Unknown type encountered

With the last update, it seems that there is a bug on the frontend. When I load lovelace, on my first page I get “Unknown type encountered” for some entities like cover or switch. On a second page, same entities work fine. When I hit the lovelace reload button, everything back to normal.

Any ideas how to fix it, as I happens every time I open home assistant in my browser?

1 Like

clear your cache, CTRL+F5

Doesn’t fix it unfortunately. Even on the companion app I have this issue.

I’ve started having this for my input booleans after the .105 update too.

It gives me:

Unknown type encountered: toggle.

entity: input_boolean.sophies_air_purifier
name: Sophie's Room Air Purifier
type: toggle

Yeah I guess it’s a bug since I’ll get it even on a freshly installed home assistant companion app.

Looks like for me it may have to do with secondary-info-row and cardtools custom cards based on the below. I’m upgrading them, will see if that helps.

I’m using secondary info, too. Thanks for the hint.

After the update of the cards I haven’t had the problem yet. It was intermittent for me, so it’s not an 100% solution, but it appears to work.

Fixed it for me.

Yes, I haven’t had any problems since updating my custom cards either.

How did you update cards?

I upgraded my cards, but every now and then the issue keeps coming back. It’s only when I refresh the page the issue goes away - temporarily. And once I close the page and reopen it, it returns.

I suddenly had a similar issue today without changing any config. I made sure everything was up to date, tried hard refresh ctrl-F5 nothing seemed to work. However editing the affected cards and removing type: toggle seems to have fixed it.