Unlock tablet screen nativelly on motion detector (Kiosk mode)

I would love it if the home assistant app had the ability to unlock the tablet screen natively when it detects movement in the camera.

I currently use Fully Kiosk but it consumes a lot of battery because the screen stays on with a black image. Also, I have to access home assistant via browser and I would like it to work via the App.

Thank you!

It’s already possible. If you use fully kiosk all you need is paid version, enable remote admin, add fully integration into HA and you’ll get a bunch of sensors, among them is screen on/off. With remote access you can also switch screen with rest commands.

1 Like

As a workaround you could use a template switch for turning the screen on and off. Set the leave screen on option in the companion app to on (so when it’s running the screen remains on). In the energy settings of android set the screen timeout to 30 seconds or something like this.
Create a template switch:

switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      flur_tablet_screen:
        value_template: "{{ is_state('binary_sensor.sm_t736b_interactive', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_t736b
            data:
          - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_t736b
            data:
              data:
                command: "/lovelace-flur"
        turn_off:
          service: notify.mobile_app_sm_t736b
          data:
            data:
              intent_action: "android.intent.action.MAIN"
              intent_package_name: "com.teslacoilsw.launcher"

If you set the switch to on it will start the companion app (and the screen will go on). If you set it to off it will start the launcher (in my case nova launcher), the screen will turn off after 30sec (you had set it, see above).
You will need an external motion sensor, but tbh most of us already have things like that.

1 Like

Oh, and i forgot: Fully kiosk (paid) has already bulit-in option for wake-up when camera movement is detected. And it can go to sleep after set time.
So there’s plenty of options…

Hello @Protoncek and @madface,

Thank you very much for your answers and suggestions.
I have read your suggestions and I find them very interesting but what I ask in this “Feature request” is that the Home Assistant App includes this option by default in the application options.
If Fully Kiosk can access the tablet’s sensors, I think that Home Assistant should also be able to access them without the need for an intermediate App.
What I ask is that Home Assistant implements a new option in "Settings > “Kiosk mode” (for example).

Thank you very much!

Kiosk mode in HA is also already possible, via HACS addon:
https://github.com/NemesisRE/kiosk-mode
I use it on all my tablets. What is nice that it can be (temporarily) disabled with one input_boolean vairable (click on admin’s control HA dashboard).
Also many sensory are available via tablet’s HA app…

1 Like

I want to unlock screen with motion detection from tablet camera.
I want to use app. I dont want to use web interface.

Thanks

1 Like

Any chance you can help me get set up on this for me, please? I need it to be able to see medical things wherever I’m with a Tablet. I seem to have the tablet showing up in my setting in HA and as a test just asked it to send a notification to it if motion is detected from one of my sensors and nothing happens to the tablet!

This is what I have at the moment to just test!

alias: Wake up samsung table
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: motion
    platform: device
    device_id: 5310bf32ba8e3d560bed459e660d617d
    entity_id: da850b72e7c5e88222dc33802e3edbe1
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: bff2a6be099525bd0f9be323ff5fffe5
    domain: mobile_app
    type: notify
mode: restart

For tablet turn on/off i use fully kiosk browser and control it via rest commands:
for turn on: “http://192.168.x.y:2323/?cmd=screenOn&password=yourfullypassword”

for turn off: “http://192.168.x.y:2323/?cmd=screenOff&password=yourfullypassword”

In kiosk browser a license must be purchased to activate remote controlling, or a sign will be displayed across screen (good for test before buy).
You must enable “remote administration” and set password. Then write needed rest commands ion configuration.yaml and call it with service. Then i enable “kiosk mode” in fully, this causes that fully browser is always on and active (basically fully kiosk app replaces tablet’s main screen).

So, i guess that first set above things to be able to wakeup tablet, then send needed message(s).

1 Like

How would this work if I used my own URL address through Cloudflared would it make it harder to get a setup done or could I use them to help on this? I have my own domain name for HA!

Uh, can’t help you there… i don’t know how cloudflred works… perhaps some port forwarding in your router…?