Unstable entity id with Onkyo TX-8050

I am attempting to connect an Onkyo TX-8050 receiver to home assistant, but the entity id for the receiver alternates between media_player.tx8050_zone_2 and media_player.tx8050. My configuration entry in either case is
media_player:
- platform: onkyo
host: 192.168.1.103
name: TX-8050
source: Radio

With changing entity id, groups, scripts, etc will not work if the wrong id is specified.

Note: I started from the instructions in: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/media_player.onkyo/

I may have found an answer to my problem. After watching the home-assistant.log, I was seeing this repeated error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/hass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 221, in async_update_ha_state
await self.async_device_update()
File “/home/hass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 349, in async_device_update
await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/home/hass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/onkyo.py”, line 223, in update
self._attributes[“video_out”] = ‘,’.join(hdmi_out_raw[1])

The TX-8050 does not have an HDMI port so I commented out the offending code:
File: /home/hass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/sitepackages/homeassistant/components/media_player/onkyo.py"

221 self._muted = bool(mute_raw[1] == ‘on’)
222 self._volume = volume_raw[1] / self._max_volume
223 # commented out jmp 2018-12-11
224 # self._attributes[“video_out”] = ‘,’.join(hdmi_out_raw[1])

With this change I now get both the main and zone_2 entity.