Up Integration (Australian Bank)

I’ve created a integration to get my Up accounts in Home Assistant.

This is the first time I’ve touched python, so be nice. It fetches accounts and balances on install, and updates every hour. Its been working for me with no problems for the last week, but ofcourse not very throughly tested as I’m the only one that used it so far.

Keen to hear peoples contstructive notes on the code, features you would like to see in it, as well as just general it works feedback if you install it and it works for you.

Code link is below, can be installed with HACS (added as a custom repository)

I have to admit that I’ve only signed up to test out a bank which provides API capability so I can expose some of my savings balances. Then I came across this post right after when looking if someone already did something to make it work with Home Assistant.

I gave it a go. This seems to work fine and I’ve got two sensors created: “Spending” and “Total Individual Savings”.

Some feedback: there’s no readme/info on the integration page after adding the custom repository to HACS so that’s worth adding. Plus there’s no image for the integration either.

Features:
It would be nice if the webhook could be configured with the add-on so that you could have automations triggered when transactions occur. It looks like their API supports webhook creation.
You could probably do polling on the transaction history instead but if the webhook is real time that would make immediate notifications and other automations possible.