Update failure image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.113.3

Hello,

I am a new user of homeassistant for just a few weeks now installed through virtualbox on a dedicated VM of my home server…
As there are many versions regularly published, I simply update my installation to get up to date but 2 weeks ago I fall on a strange error : 404 Client Error: Not Found (“no such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.112.1: No such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.112.1”).
After trying to update many times, even after new versions to update like 113.x, the update did not work any more and it was really anoying to figure out what is the cause.

As I found the solution, I write this topic so that other people having the same problem spend less time than me on searching why and how to correct it…

So the root cause is given here : https://community.home-assistant.io/t/upgrade-failure-from-update-image-homeassistant-qemux86-64-homeassistant-0-109-6/203886/9 : it is a problem of disk space !
The message of an error 404 usualy is not about a problem of disk space… so it could be improved in order to tell it to the user…

So I connected to my host machine of hass and confirmed it is a lack of disk space.

My set up is a virtualbox VM running the VDI image provided by the installation documentation.
It appears, the default disk size is at 6 Gb which is too small after a few weeks of updates since every update requires like 500Mb…
Another suggestion is to improve the documentation or VDI image to have default file system of 32 Gb and not 6.

So now, how to update the size of my virtual machine hard drive ?
The solution is indicated here : https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/issues/169 in the comments of nhorvath by the end of the discussion with some virtualbox actions and gparted live CD.
I executed it and it works successfully :slight_smile:

Great, now updates should be running smoothly for many months and I will continue to discover this great product.

Regards,

Here,
File-> Virtual Media Manager