Update from 0.114.0 tot 2021.3.2 not possible

Helo,

I am trying to update the home assistant OS but it says 'unknown error, see supervisor.
If i check the supervisor i see that docker is not good and some unsupported installation???
Everything is running fine…
If I read what to do with the docker i do not understand what to do… somebody that can help me out with this? I looked on the internet and couldn’t find any solution.
Below some printscreens:

Save your config, start from scratch. You missed multiple releases and totally ignored all the notes and warnings from the web-site.

OMG are you serious?
My automations are running automaticaly on a Synology server and if i do not have any problems (since september or so) i do not look at it for updates. If it runs then let it run I always say. Obviously a bad idea…

Anything else than Debian 10 as a base OS for Home Assistant Supervised is an unsupported installation since May last year. In addition your Docker version is outdated as well.

Yupp.

Your configuration and automations will need some refresh to continue work, not everything is lost.

the docker version i have is on the synology and is the latest one frome last year… If I look and search for docker then this one appears, the one i have.

Ok… all the automations are done in node red. What about the UI? Is there a way to store this?

Can you run VMs on the Synology NAS? If not, then it looks like Supervised doesn’t work anymore see here:

I can download VMM… Is it easy to use? Or do it need some experience?

I don’t know, I use VMs only on my NUC. But I think it should not be too difficult.
Just be sure to make a backup of your current install before you attempt changing anything.

I have found a work arround from beardedtinker.
I was able to do the update…
Thx Bearded! ! !
Here the link to the work arround:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01qvvDS7QQ

This is just ignoring the errors, I highly recommend reading up on VMs on the Synology and install Home Assistant OS. Sooner or later you will run into issues again and probably at one point without any workaround.

1 Like

This fix was for something else, not this. SynoCommunity hass.io package is in process of being removed from repository.
Even if you implement fix, you will see errors very soon that you’ll not be able to fix.
Please migrate ti HA Core or use VMM - made video on both migration processes and there is thread here on Supported Home Assistant in VM on Synology: Installation on Synology Virtual Machine Managager

2 Likes

I know this is temporaly.
have to look for some time to migrate…

Helo,
I have migrate to VM and everthing is working properly for almost 2wk.
I made an upgrade with my ds918+ from 4gig ram to 8gig ram.
Thx fot the advice!

Regards