Update HACS Integrations in an HA on docker

Hi,
I am new in the HA Business and I can’t find the correct way to update the hacs integrations.
I have installed HA on a docker container. Could someone give me an hint how I can update the Integrations?

BR

Assuming you have properly installed HACS itself, there is a menu item in the left hand menu called HACS. Click on that and HACS will tell you if any packages (including itself) need to be updated and what to do.

HACS checks every day or so for updates to any package you install with HACS, so if you know there is something that has an update out, just wait. It’ll show up eventually. If you’re impatient, you can restart HA, as HACS checks for updates at startup too.

Read all of this:
https://hacs.xyz/.

Unless you have it disabled, HACS updates work with the HA update system and just pop up when they need update.

I dont see the same overview, like in the discription.

Did I install HACS wrong?

You have the new experimental features version installed.
Experimental features | HACS.
(update)
Experimental features button for HACS give you:

• A much better search function
  • You no longer have to read pages & pages of offering git repo ‘ads’ to find something
  • Better visibility on the offerings you have selected and what is available
  • Access to the custom template offerings not available in the old interface
  • An easy reload button for the offerings if you think something has gone wonky with them
  • The updates show up in HA with all the OS and addon updates so you know there is a thing to do with your offering

In addition, when the V2 version is released, you will be able to help your navigationally challenged friends figure out what happened.

I’ve used HACS forever and I’ve never seen that.

Here is my blank “updates” section:

but the HACS overview shows several updates available:

Check out experimental mode, like he was using…
Then you get the templates repos as well.
And you don’t have to look at the 1/8 page ads from git repos trying to get you to download. You get a nice search and list with a single sentence about content. Or you can look at what you have downloaded or look by category.

Ludeeus is saying soon this will be moved out of experimental and become the release mode, so you may as well load it now and get ahead of it. He was estimating release in Q1.

Whenever something changes now it shows in the HA updates tab. Including when I release something of mine (or you of yours), it’s kinda cool.

1 Like

well, yup, there it is.

interestingly I had experimental features enabled before the switch to UI only config and none of those updates showed up in the updates section at that time. So it must be fairly new.

And I didn’t care for the layout because I couldn’t seem to find a list of integrations needing updated. So I disabled experimental mode.

But now I’m not seeing the same thing I saw before so hopefully it won’t be too bad when the experimental mode goes mainstream.

1 Like

The update entities did not work for YAML config, but as YAML Config have been deprecated that will not be an issue as the same version that set the new UI as the only one also will remove YAML completely (2.0.0).

As for listing what needs an update, you can add the “status” column to the overview in the filter button, once that is there you can sort on the value of it.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for the support. I don’t no how I get the Experimental features.
I don’t see any update from HACS, it seems that HACS automaticly install updates (see picture). I cant see any configuration possiballity for this.

One HACS integration is not up to date and I get no update Information.

It would be nice if that was the default behavior. make it a hybrid of the new way and old by putting all of the “needs updated” integrations in their own section at the top then everything else sorted as the user wants below those.

I don’t agree, if you are after updates, use the setting page of HA or the dedicated update panel HA provides.

There you will not only find updates provided by HACS, but from all other integrations that provide those.

How do we dismiss new repos with the new layout?

the old layout had a big “dismiss” button on the integration box for new integrations. I could look at either the name or small description to tell if it interested me or not without actually having to click into the integration. It seems that now we need to actually navigate into the integration info page in order for it to be removed from the “new” listing. Is that the new expected workflow?

I just want to be sure I’m not missing something.

Hmmm… Thats a good point, can you open an issue about that?
Currently you have to go into each, or discard everything from the … menu

Sure can.

Thanks you.