Update to 0.117 just bricked my system

I’ve removed default_config and added the individual components back in and it still starts up OK.

Interestingly I had a REST sensor for Octopus Energy too that I had to disable.

Its doesnt matter if you backup… but when the upgrade version is up there are tend to be a breaking changes anyway and you just need to fixed your setup.

Can’t the check configuration addon (here) detect the default config and REST changes against the 0.117?

How can I access the config files locally? Logged in via login. Just don’t know where to look now.

When I had “config:” in my setup lovelace did start It was OZW, MQTT, and any sensor was unavailable. I don’t have any rest sensors in my setup.

I use the configuration addon and it said I was good to go but alas it still had issues.

Ok…good to know it can’t catch this. Thanks.

Doesn’t look like it made the cut for 0.117.1

Confirmed. It gave me a green tick too.

If you put a keyboard on your RPi you will login as root. Then login to the OS. Then browse to /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/

Hassio Recovery

…or 0.117.2

Saddle up, it’s go time !

Hello, my RPi4 is totally bricked since 2 days, I tried 2 times to reinstall everything from scratch and do a Wipe Restore but this is making it hang forever.
Today at the 3rd try I noticed the hass.io I installed is 0.117 but the version I was using before the crash was older.
So I guess this is the problem.
Is it possible to install the version I had before the crash?
If not how can I do a restore that will not crash again?
Should I select just some parts from the snapshot and which ones are safe?
I had custom_components and hacs as special things, otherwise it was all standard add-ons.

Your Pi4 is not bricked, you just have a faulty installation most likely due to a breaking change in your configuration that you need to update.

Hass.io was renamed some time ago, please see HERE for correct naming.

Yes - Install the most current version of HA, upload and restore a previous snapshot. I would recommend you start basic and make sure that the items under Home Assistant (in green) are checked, and that any add-ons (in red) are unchecked, then restore.

Thanks for your reply.
My RPi4 is totally unresponsive, I can’t even move the cursor on the display, HA takes all CPU.
So only solution is format of the SSD and reinstall everything.
I tried to Restore (not Wipe Restore) without checking HA and the add-ons, it kind of worked but after I started adding the custom dashboards it crashed again …
This is really annoying as I have no way to stop it once it becomes unresponsive.
My last backup was made on 0.112

Set up ssh access.

SSH is also unresponsive, of course I do everything through SSH.

Still playing with my system, trying to restore different snapshots and see which of them work and which not.
Now I restore an older snapshot, I noticed the following in the System Logs:

20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.snapshots] Found 5 snapshot files
20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.discovery] Loaded 0 messages
20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.ingress] Loaded 3 ingress sessions
20-11-10 15:36:51 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Detected unsupported OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
20-11-10 15:36:51 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] NetworkManager is not correctly configured
20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [__main__] Running Supervisor
20-11-10 15:36:51 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!
20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Phase 'AddonStartup.INITIALIZE' starting 0 add-ons
20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Phase 'AddonStartup.SYSTEM' starting 0 add-ons
20-11-10 15:36:51 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons] Phase 'AddonStartup.SERVICES' starting 3 add-ons

I get this warning in Supervisor … I have raspbian buster, is that not ok?
Also there is an error related to Network Manager