Update to 2022.3.3 doesn´t work

hi, i tryed to update my system from 2022.3.1 to 2022.3.3. The following errors are shown on my supervisor.

22-03-09 21:46:57 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py”, line 106, in wrapper
return await self._method(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/homeassistant/core.py”, line 229, in update
await _update(version)
File “/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/homeassistant/core.py”, line 207, in _update
await self.instance.update(
File “/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/utils/init.py”, line 33, in wrap_api
return await method(api, *args, **kwargs)
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError
22-03-09 21:46:57 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.codenotary] rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial tcp 35.168.17.115:443: i/o timeout”

Can someone help me? Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

related to this:

and this:

2 Likes

I have the same problem, trying to upgrade core 2022.3.0 to 2022.3.3, usually I can upgrade is either order with no issues, today I decided to upgrade the supervisor first. which is running at supervisor-2022.03.2 ; logs as follows.

22-03-09 15:57:18 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py", line 106, in wrapper
    return await self._method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/homeassistant/core.py", line 229, in update
    await _update(version)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/homeassistant/core.py", line 207, in _update
    await self.instance.update(
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/utils/__init__.py", line 33, in wrap_api
    return await method(api, *args, **kwargs)
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError
22-03-09 15:57:18 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.codenotary] rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = "transport: Error while dialing dial tcp 35.168.17.115:443: i/o timeout"

I also see this issue further up the stack as well

22-03-09 15:55:32 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.check] Error during processing IssueType.TRUST: 
22-03-09 15:54:41 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.codenotary] Timeout while processing CodeNotary
22-03-09 15:54:51 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.codenotary] rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = "transport: Error while dialing dial tcp 35.168.17.115:443: i/o timeout"

not sure what to do; and “rebuild” is not an option here. I am running the oDroid (blue box) HA appliance. if that matters. thanks for any input.

read the links, I posted. That’s, what to do :wink:

my english is not as good as yours…sorry

can you explain for me what i have to do?

I’m afraid, I can’t. You have to understand, what is said in the links, I’ve posted. I can’t explain that in simple language.

where can i do an dns restart in home assistant?

Just FYI, the Code Notary service is down right now so there isn’t much you or the Home Assistant team can do at this moment.

also for me same issue? some idea to resolve it?

BebeMischa, you commented on Github that (after clearing DNS cache) the other issues disappeared. Has the problem solved itself or did you sth. in additon?

wel, the only problem, that is solved is the marking UNSUPPORTED in supervisor.
All other errors still exist.

Ok, thanks!

So, to get this clear,

So far nothing of the following really fixes this, correct?

• Clearing DNS cache
  • Rebuild core

So we basically wait for the fix of CodeNotary?

On GitHub people are saying remove the auto-update feature of supervisor. I wonder would that have prevented the issue from happening? That would mean the older versions don’t use CodeNotary?

So, if yes, I would love to revert back to manual updating supervisor instead of automated.

for anyone that manages to break supervisor after a failed update mine fixed with

ha su repair
ha core rebuild
ha host reboot

Thank you. Now I am getting “‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy” -_-

i’m having the same problem but unfortunatly it’s on intial setup. i must be very unlucky i had been trying to update but it wasn’t working, then found out my sd card was corrupt and thought that this was it, now i’m on ssd with the geekwork x862 v2.0 and initial setup is in a failed loop, i’m not sure if the problem is from the ssd controller or the hassio side but i’m getting the same errors:

22-03-10 12:05:57 CRITICAL (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pulled image ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2022.3.3 failed on content-trust verification!
22-03-10 12:05:57 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retry in 30sec

or

22-03-10 12:01:21 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for IssueType.TRUST/ContextType.SUPERVISOR
22-03-10 12:01:22 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retry in 30sec
22-03-10 12:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.codenotary] Timeout while processing CodeNotary
22-03-10 12:01:32 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.codenotary] Timeout while processing CodeNotary
22-03-10 12:01:41 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.check] Error during processing IssueType.TRUST:
22-03-10 12:01:41 INFO (MainThread)

Mine is also stating unsupported and unhealthy out of the blue. I thought I got compromised so I restored to a backup from several days ago and it still says it.

core-2022.3.1
supervisor-2022.03.2

Is there a safe fix, or is this even something that can be resolved with a patch?
Since it’s refusing to update…

We must wait until the external issue is fixed…

frenck has posted this explanation:

Basically Home Assistant’s Supervisor has a cloud dependency (yes, I recognize the irony but let’s leave that discussion for another day). It depends on Code Notary to validate the integrity of the software. However, Code Notary has had problems servicing requests. Supervisor is being modified to mitigate Code Notary’s performance problems.

Ideally, I would like to see a Supervisor option to disable the use of Code Notary (I want fewer cloud dependencies).

3 Likes