Update ZigBee firmware using deCONZ on Hass.io

I am using a RPi3 with Home Assistant OS, and the deConz addon.
Looks like I within the addon can update the node-firmware. The addon comes with several firmware-files.
ezgif.com-gif-maker
How do I find the correct firmware-file, and if not in the folder, how to add a firmware-file to the folder?
UPDATE: Did find new firmware for my units in the firmware folder.

I’m also not able to update by OTAU.
I tried everthng mentioned above.
I do run Deconz as a Docker on my NUC

I do not know what to do next
OTAU server is activated in the old webapp

Did not work for me (RPI3/deConz addon). - With this setup, how do I get into the old webApp (upper right corner in deConz, see my previous post) so I can tick the box “Otau Server”?

Worked for me
1 Set a port in THE addon for deCONZ API backend.
2 goto youripnumber:theportfromstep1 in webbrowser
3 log into phoscon, under help you can open the old webapp.

Opening the old webapp is no problem.
Activating the OTAU server also no problem.
But the fw upgrade is not working, nothing happening

To set up the OTAU server in the old Old WebApp version:
STEP 1: Set port number in deConz addon API:

STEP 2: .Go to http://Your_HA_IP_Adrress:40850/login.html
Default user: delight
Deafult psw: delight

STEP 3:
ezgif.com-gif-maker

But I still cant update the firmware.

1 Like

Here exactly the same

Good day!
I have 2 lamps ikea e14 ws opal 600lm Yesterday I first updated them to version 2.0169507. After the update, the function of saving the status after the loss of power has worked. but in the morning the function stopped working. tell me someone came across this

Is it possible to make a backup of a firmware to be restored? I have 2 devices running different firmwares but want to ‘backup’ the one with the later firmware to update the device running the older firmware to the newer version. This assuming I can’t download the firmware anywhere else.

I really can’t understand it.
After a few updates on Tradfri (Ikea) bulbs I tried to press “Query” for another one 1 month later and it just doesn’t do a thing. It still says “No file”.
I downloaded from the previously mentioned Deconz OTA site (mentioned by @corvy) the newest update package. Put it in /share/deconz_ota and executed the command in terminal:
for i in *; do docker cp /share/deconz_ota/$v addon_core_deconz:/data/otau/; done
…and it seems it has done everything right, since in the deconz app under the files tab, I see all the files to choose from.
The Tradfri GU10 bulb that I’d like to update is Image: 0x4204 and Version: 0x20029623 but the newest update should be:
tradfri_bulb_ws 0x2203 8707 TRADFRI bulb GU10 WS 400lm 2.3.050
I simply can’t understand why. I rechecked the OTAU server and tried it a few times with several restarts.
Does anybody else have the same issue or is it just me. :joy:

1 Like

Now I bought an LED driver. So…a new device. Tried to update. It still says no file.
It is starting to disappoint me. :frowning:

Hi,
I have my a conbee II connected to a Synology NAS and the deconz in a container.
I can conect to the VNC using the ip and the port I see all the devices, go to the STD OTAU Plugin that I also allowed, but when I go to choose the file, the folders have nothing to do with the ones in my NAS, I can’t find those folders structure in the NAS.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Marco

Not an expert with containers but certainly the directories DeConz is reading from are within the container.

Since you have VNC access, you might be able to upload the files using VNC. Alternatively, you can SSH into the container.

Yes! I have the same issue as you. I did update som IKEA Trådfri devices for lets say a month ago. Now, nothing happens when pressing “Query”. All OTA files are present when manually clicking “Otau FIle”.

Hey @TheLordVader,

sorry, was busy with my Scrum exams. I took a peek into Deconz and I need to correct my previous entry here. It seems to update automatically, as others mentioned before. There is really no interaction needed. The LED driver was updated without pressing the query. I compared it, with the most actual version and I was very positively surprised that the numbers matched.

1 Like

Is there a way to update Samsung SmartThings sensor (Water Leak sensor) ? I can see that the new version is available, but hitting Query does nothing. And there are no .zigbee downloadable files for SmartThings from the link above.

Maybe a bit of a luxury problem as it’s working for me (the very first instructions) - any way to do this in batch…? I have 50+ devices and with about 10minutes per device… It seems to be sequential. While one is updating, I can’t do anything with the others…

1 Like

how did you do that?

i can enable the plugin but it does still say disabled

just for fun i clicked update, that enabled it

but should i just click query and wait?

i have 8 E27 1000lumens bulbs and 9 Gu10’s plus an e14

EDIT: WARNING, updating one of those GU10’s takes 22 mins… you do the math :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, could someone explain how can I copy the Philips files to the deconz addon? I am running Home Assistant OS and with ssh-terminal addon I don’t have the docker command available.
Entering to my VM console I can’t find the config dirs

Thanks in advance

2 Likes