Update ZigBee firmware using deCONZ on Hass.io

@ha_user22323

According to the notes I took, I downloaded the firmware file(s) to the tmp folder on my home-assistant, then ran the docker cp command in the console:
# docker cp /tmp/hue.sbl-ota addon_core_deconz:/data/otau/

The file is then available to deconz and you can use it for updating your hue bulbs

Regards

thanks - in the console ? you mean Terminal & SSH ?

like this ? it wont copy :-/ I also login with Putty

If you used ā€œ# docker cp ā€¦ā€ then the ā€œ#ā€ acts as a comment and nothing is executed. Just remove the "# " before the ā€œdocker cpā€ and it should work (provided that the other paths are correct)

ok

(HA is on HA BLUE) the file termostat.ota is in the share folder on HA BLUE

how do I find the right path

in Putty I write : cp /share/termostat.ota addon_core_deconz:/data/otau/

and get this

omg! @azee, thank you so much.
This is such a pain in the assā€¦ Iā€™ve been trying for hours.

I love the old webapp 1000x more than the new sluggish white design-thingy.
The box via the old web app was not ticket at my instance.
But still, after that, until now no updates have started, just one is ā€˜queuedā€™ - Iā€™m waiting.
Do you need to deactivate the old webapp after setting that tick?
Thank you, mate!

I tried this already for 2 years.
never succeeded so far

1 Like

Got the OTA updater working by following the instructions here.

I got quite some deconz devices so did some this evening, stopped the process because all the lights that I have updated now randomly turn off and on at an interval of about 5min. So they work fine, can change all the properties but when they are ON they just go OFF after about 5min and back ON after 2/3 seconds.

The following is in the deconz log about that device ID:

23:48:30:953 DeviceAnnce of LightNode: 0xec1bbdfffe2111fe Permit Join: 0
23:48:31:237 ZCL got data for node=0xCBC6, cl=0x0006, at=0x0000, status=0x00, type=0x10
23:48:31:390 ZCL attribute report 0xEC1BBDFFFE2111FE for cluster: 0x0300, ep: 0x01, frame control: 0x08, mfcode: 0x0000

Anyone with some pointers?

Turned the OTA feature off pending resolution.

Hi, how did you get this working? I am using a RP2 with latest rasbian and I run HA and Deconz on separate containers. I have been trying this:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/master/ikea-ota-download.py

docker cp ikea-ota-download.py deconz:/home

docker exec -it deconz /bin/bash

cd home

/usr/bin/python3 ikea-ota-download.py

But it fails with dns resolution not working. I could not get it working so instead I ran the script on my pi and copied all the files instead.

python ikea-ota-download.py
cd otau
docker cp ./ deconz:/home/deconz/otau

Now Iā€™m not what to doā€¦will it update the devices automatically or can I trigger it somehow?

Can I do that with a Sonoff USB ZigBee or it works only with the ConBee?

Have you, or anybody else, found a solution for this? Its taking forever to update all devicesā€¦
is it somehow possible to query all so theyā€™re like in a queue?

Hi, on my side, no. I donā€™t have a developer background. I somewhat ā€œgave upā€ on updates as itā€™s not sustainable. And honestly, itā€™s a horrendous user interface. Thereā€™s no search, no filtering and nothing intuitive. So as long as devices workā€¦ Thatā€™s it. And when they stop (Iā€™ve got a couple that are 4-5 years old), id rather buy new ones than try to figure out which one to update and remember how II once didā€¦)
Thatā€™s sad but for me, this is a development platform, not an end user management interface.
Sorry for not helping much.

Edit: thinking about this, Iā€™m curious if other ZigBee gateways might nowadays be a better choice than Deconzā€¦

Iā€™d consider moving away from using Deconz as the software layer.

I canā€™t say ZHA is much easier, but Iā€™ve heard good things about Z2M that keeps a repository of .ota files that come from other vendors than Tradfri.

1 Like

I need to downgrade the zigbee firmware on my Lutron Aurora devices as the Conbee doesnā€™t seem to work with v3.8, but supposedly v3.4 works fine: Lutron Aurora paired, detected as a switch, but controls does nothing. Ā· Issue #4620 Ā· dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Ā· GitHub

Does anyone know whether activating OTAU on my ODROID (Hass Blue) will just re-upgrade and overwrite the v3.4 firmware? Also, where are people putting their firmware so that they can find it from inside Deconz?

hey all,
sorry, very confused and need some help please!

RPI4
Home Assistant 2022.2.2
Home Assistant OS
Deconz: Current version: 6.11.1
Conbee2 stick connected to RPI4 via USB

i can connect via HA Deconz addon and via VNC.

Im trying to update various devices, however how do i run the ikea script?
i cant seem to upload files and not sure where to save things to then move them over?

sorry, ive read various items but cant work it out.

So where is this path located: addon_core_deconz:/data/otau/
I have installed the filemanager but what is the true path of the otau dir/files?

I want to delete the many old files but I have problems running the command to remove them in the terminal:

docker rm addon_core_deconz:/data/otau/10037603-3.1-TRADFRI-signal-repeater-2.3.086.ota

Any input on how to get to these files would be greatly appreciated
(I used the file manager with access to the root folder)

Ok No response to my above question to remove old fw zigbee filesā€¦

But now I just started to upgrade my IKEA Zigbee repeaters but it seems like it runs the same update over and over again - after 100% it runs again and the version number stays the same?

UPDATE according to the webpage the latest update is: 2.3 so maybee this is why its running in a loop?

Steps worked for me to access the old interface (although Iā€™m still unable to passe the Queue state of the firmware updateā€¦)
Therefore my Ikea Tradfri Shortcut button remains to 2.3.015 instead of upgrading to 2.3.080

:warning: Just a quick correction : credentials for the old interface are :
Username : delight
Password : [your Phoscon pwd]

(My config: RPi4, Hassio, Conbee II stick, deConz)

I found that you can wait forever for an Ikea device to wake up and start the upgrade. My solution was to first queue the OTAR from Deconz and then remove the battery and put it back. Then usually within a minute or two the OTAR starts. And it can take 30-60 minutes and only one device at a time

Did you ever found an answer how to upload files into the deconz container running on an HA BLUE?

thx

Got it!
You have to use ā€œSSH & Web Terminal add-onā€ and not ā€œTerminal & SSHā€.
On the first one, the docker command is available and you can copy the files.

Trying an update of an philips bulb now.

thx