Updated, entire network crashing (Draytek routers)

similar to this report Sonos causes Draytek Router to Randomly Reboot - Century IT Services

Yes, although I still have UPNP enabled and has been stable so far

if all 3 of these are ticked, the router will stay up IGMP Proxy IGMP Snooping and Enable IGMP Fast Leave has been up over 15 minutes now

if you just enable IGMP Proxy it will fall over again after about 5 minutes

I am going to just try enabling snooping and see what happens there

I already had the Application / IGMP features enabled

Interesting, so could it be a combination of things on the draytek, something i have enabled that you donā€™t or vice versa

Different firmware version?

Iā€™m on 3.9.1_BT

So with just IGMP Snooping ticked seems to prevent reboots, been up 20+ minutes. I do wonder what has changed in HA that would cause this behaviour though

Iā€™ve been up for 25+ with just IGMP Proxy :man_shrugging:

My Draytek has always had IGMP enabled and with 2023.6.0, it has the network issue.

both you and @Liam-Whiteside have a 2862, i am using a 2860 and not sure what @elite is using, but am assuming a 2860 too with that firmware version

Yes I have a 2860

The Sonos article mentioned disabling UPNP, might be worth trying

The firmware version Iā€™m using on my 2862 is the latest (3.9.9.1_BT), which Iā€™ve been using since itā€™s release in March

Iā€™m also using 3.9.9.1_BT

Changing IGMP settings hasnā€™t helped me. Iā€™ve just disabled UPNP and itā€™s ben stable for 5 minutes since

I do wonder if this is a Matter 1.1 update that you pointed out earlier

Probably better to read that. It refers to IPv6 being enabled internally, IGMP, multicast etc

Same issue - 2023.6 is making my Draytek router reboot, killing the network. I have a Vigor 2762 and have had IGMP proxy and snooping turned on for years. I turned OFF just UPNP in my case and rebooted Home Assistant and itā€™s been stable since. Iā€™m going back to 2023.5 though until this is understood.

My case is a Pi4 running DEB11 and Home Assistant supervised

Has 2023.6.1 addressed this issue?

No - I tried 2023.6.1 before turning off UPnP on the router.

1 Like

Hi allā€¦

Iā€™ve had the same problem hereā€¦

IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping was already enabled on my DrayTek 2862 with firmware version 3.9.9.1_BT, but IGMP Fast Leave was not enabled.

Enabling that 3rd option didnā€™t help.

However after diabling UPnP, my router and network are now stable and I have been able to keep HA on 2023.6.0 for now.

Hopefully someone will figure out what the hell that was all about!

Cheersā€¦ Andy

@everyone: it would be helpful if affected people could follow-up on the question of balloob. Finding the root cause seems pretty important.

1 Like