Updated, entire network crashing (Draytek routers)

Did a bit more digging.
Disabled the eero NAT completely and returned to VM router providing DHCP, DNS etc, then used the eeros purely as mesh functionality. This seems to, so far, keep everything stable.
Further to this, it seems UPNP is the only way HO “grabs” the ip and ports to make it communicate with the network. Essentially HO decided it didnt want to grab a ip and produce the UI to connect to.
Very frustrating. Re-Enabled UPNP and it magically sprung back to life, grabbed the port and was happy. Definitely a reliance on UPNP somewhere.

I have UPNP disabled and am still running 2023.5.4 - HA is accessible from the cloud and everything works locally just fine. I don’t believe HA requires UPNP at all.

1 Like

I have the same problem . using a Draytek 2862 .
Disabling UPNP on the router fixed the problem.

1 Like

There’s a download link for a fixed firmware version in the Github issue thread: Update to 2023.6 triggers crash in Draytek devices (with solution) · Issue #94265 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Only BT version of 2862

How did you configure snmp in the router?

System Maintenance > SNMP…

Fill in the required fields specifying the IP of your Home Assistant instance…

1 Like

Guys (@elite) , it might be helpful to change the topic title/include it’s related to Draytek routers.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. New HA on a NUC and network went down when NUC connected. Thought it was my FTTP connection at first. After sleeping on it and doing a few searches, found this thread. All’s well. Now to learn HA…
Cheers

This is apparently the AU/NZ version of the beta… I have just installed it on my Draytek 2862. I was not having exactly the issue above, but thought it was worth a go…

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L1aoJR1LHAGg7zhXCmVvyg5ytD5xCimK?usp=sharing

Same issue too with Home Assistant 2023.7.1. Killing the whole network without rebooting. Turning OFF UPNP and everything it working like it should. Network router is a Draytek Vigor 2760
I have a Pi4b running Debian 11 and Home Assistant Core on Docker

This has been fixed by DrayTek in later firmware.

I have a 2862 and am on firmware 3.9.9.2, released 23/08/2023 and everything works fine.

Firmware 3.8.9.6 is available for your 2760 dated 26/08/2023 so give that a try.

Always ensure you reboot your router before upgrading the firmware.

Thanks for your reply. I 'm afraid can’t use it because it’s not on my home network. I 'll try to convince admin to update firmware :roll_eyes: