UPDATED! SolarEdge Modbus full setup guide with Energy Dashboard integration for Installations with Battery connected

This is working for me and actually I don’t need much more (no batteries here).

When overlaying the realtime data from modbus-tcp against the cloud data they match nicely (but 15 minutes delayed).

I also submitted a PR to fix an issue where people might have inactive optimizers.
My inverter is a SE3000H-RWXXXBNN4

1 Like

I am unable to connect, TCP is enabled in the inverters settings, getting the following errors.

pymodbus.exceptions.ConnectionException: Modbus Error: [Connection] Failed to connect[ModbusTcpClient(192.168.1.131:1502)]
2022-09-21 11:02:53.489 ERROR (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to (192.168.1.131, 1502) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused
2022-09-21 11:02:53.491 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.solaredge_modbus] Error reading modbus data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/solaredge_modbus/__init__.py", line 195, in async_refresh_modbus_data
    update_result = self.read_modbus_data()
  File "/config/custom_components/solaredge_modbus/__init__.py", line 246, in read_modbus_data
    self.read_modbus_data_inverter()
  File "/config/custom_components/solaredge_modbus/__init__.py", line 570, in read_modbus_data_inverter
    inverter_data = self.read_holding_registers(unit=self._address, address=40071, count=38)
  File "/config/custom_components/solaredge_modbus/__init__.py", line 233, in read_holding_registers
    return self._client.read_holding_registers(address, count, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus/client/common.py", line 114, in read_holding_registers
    return self.execute(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus/client/sync.py", line 106, in execute
    raise ConnectionException("Failed to connect[%s]" % (self.__str__()))

Any pointers?

I have updated and changed my configuration, you can find the new setup in a new thread. I will ask the admins to lock this thread. New post can be found here: