Updated to 7, where did Supervisor go?

I updated my VM install and now there’s no Supervisor option in the fly-out menu on the left side?

This used to point to http://ip.of.home.assistant:8123/hassio/system

I can still go to that URL, and the features are still there. Did something change, or did the upgrade not add it back again?

2021.12 moved the Supervisor in to the main configuration menu. As per the release notes.
If you have the Android app, it also moved “App Configuration” in to the main server Configuration area too.

I was just adding this, when you replied. Thanks!

I do see that it’s present under the Configuration dashboard, as “Addons, Backups & Supervisor”. But wasn’t it previously out on the left sidebar?

I ask this because I periodically check various logs and noticed some possible problems. I figured an update might clear them, and after that completed I was like… where did Supervisor go?

Is there a way to put it back on the sidebar?

Most people forget about the keyboard shortcuts.

Press c on the keyboard and type hass and then press enter to get to the add-ons part of the supervisor.

Press c on the keyboard and type logs and then press enter to get to the logs.

Yes, there is a post floating about somewhere with instructions of how to add it back to the sidebar, but I haven’t been paying attention, It’s better for me to leave it where it is so I get used to it, for when I am helping new people, who never experienced in the sidebar in the first place.

Nice that there’s shortcuts, and I was aware of them (but good to point it out for others that might not be).

Most people aren’t constantly using the keyboard for checking logs, either. It’s convenient to have clickable links so I’m not always burrowing around to find things.

Also note that the ‘c logs’ doesn’t bring up the same amount of logging as found on the supervisor page. image

And why am I bothering to notice/ask this? Because I’m trying to make sure various integrations aren’t having problems going unnoticed.

Here it is -

2 Likes

Nice, thanks!

Now I’m on a bug hunt for cutting down on various ‘entities’ polluting the log. Using the Unifi integration is problematic in that it spews a LOT of device home/away entries for device tracking. Anyway, not relevant to this thread.

1 Like