Updating config

Hi

How do you update the config file and make HASS re-read it. At the moment I’m quitting HASS and then restarting it to get it to re-read the config file, but I just think there must be an easier, better or proper way to do this.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Some details about your topic: github.com/balloob/home-assistant/issues/925

Thanks fabaff,

I spotted the restart service but have another problem in that HA appears to hang when trying to close. I raised another topic on this, but I get this situation whenever I try to close HA either by control-C in CMD or with the restart, any idea what could be the issue?

INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: service=restart, domain=homeassistant, service_call_id=2057287953040-42, service_data=>
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=2057287953040-42>
INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"POST /api/services/homeassistant/restart HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:homeassistant.core:Stopping
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event homeassistant_stop[L]>
INFO:homeassistant.components.recorder:Closing database

…and it just stats there.

Thanks
Dave

from command line what I do is CTRL + C to stop home assistant service. Update the config file from a working file (have a script do the rm and cp) then run hass–open-ui and it reads config fresh on start.