Updating Frigate backend to 0.12

I have just updated the Frigate addon to 4.0.0 via HACS - this update says 0.12 backend is required but I appear to be running 0.9 and can’t find anywhere that says a new update is available.

If I navigate to Settings->Add-Ons->Frigate NVR I am shown ‘Current Version: 2.3 (Changlelog)’ - but the changelog says ‘Addon ccab4aaf_frigate with version latest does not exist in the store’.

However in the log of the add-on, I am shown: Starting Frigate (0.9.4-26ae608) - 0.9.4 is also shown in the debug.

Frigate is running fine but how do I update the 0.9.4 to 0.12? And what is the version 2.3 & 4.0.0 relating to?

Many thanks

See the frigate docs on installing the add-on.

Thanks but I already have the add-on installed and running. I’d just like to know how to update the Frigate ‘backend’ to 0.12 from what appears to be 0.9) when using HassOS.

I’d suggest following GitHub - blakeblackshear/frigate-hass-addons: Frigate hass.io addons

I’ve just added the Frigate repository to the Add-Ons Store and am now offered an update in the Frigate add-on from 2.3 to 0.12! Very strange.

My guess is that this instance of Home Assistance was restored from a backup and the repository was not carried over, so thank you @Tinkerer for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like