Updating Home Assistant breaks Yeelights [SOLVED]

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with Yeelights and updating Home Assistant (0.91.3).
Indeed, after updating, all my lights are now gone from my dashboard.
I used to disable yeelight auto discovery, and directly refer to my lights in the “lights” section. I checked and the lamps still have the same IP. This worked perfectly fine.
If i re enable the auto discovery, it will pick them up. But all my automations won’t work anymore. Because they are no longer under their correct name.
It happened to me already last update, but i somehow managed to get them back.
However this time, they are still unavailable. No errors in my logs

This is rather annoying. Anyone has this issue or knows how to solve it?
Thanks !

Have you checked breaking changes in 0.91.0?

• Yeelight - This is now its own component and has been broken out from the light platform. More Yeelights are being released with more features and this will make if possible to support them. Examples would be adding sensors for a ceiling light, getting the current power mode (daylight/nightlight), or supporting switches to turn moonlight on or off without having to use a service call. Make sure to visit the updated documentation. (@zewelor - #21593) (yeelight docs)
1 Like

Have you looked into the new component for Yeelights (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/yeelight/), no longer configured under lights, which is there since 0.91.0?

Changed from:

light:
  - platform: yeelight
	devices:
      192.16.xx.xx:
        name: "Light Name"
        save_on_change: False

To:

yeelight:
  devices:
    192.168.xx.xx:
      name: "Light Name"
      save_on_change: False
      model: color2

Have you tried it already?

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your quick answers ! I changed my configuration and it works now.
It’s quite stupid from me, but i indeed forgot to check the changes of the new version.
However, could it be possible to have a warning when using the “old” yeelight component? That way, people like me wouldn’t have to bother the community…
Anyways thank you once again for your time !

Hi guys,

I am having a similar issue but I have always used auto discovery and light group as the example below (Please ignore the formatting):

light:

• platform: group
    name: Living Lights
    entities:
    • light.yeelight_rgb_78ce008b5c4f
    • light.yeelight_rgb_90ce008b4c4f

Does anyone know how to convert it to the new format (without specifying the IP address)? or is this not supported anymore?

Many thanks

1 Like

Hi! I’m having the same problem I used to don’t setup IP addresses as it can be changed by the router but now the lights does not appear anymore. Any help please? Thanks