Updating Home Assitant

i am currently running 0.35.3 on a raspberry pi 1 B+. I want to update. can i just save my configuration.yaml and reinstall the latest version and copy my config over?Is the zwave network independent of the home assistant software, will it just work when i upgrade or will i have to readd all the zwave devices? I have a Pi3B. should i use that instead of the older on. I’m not uising all the resources of the Pi B+, but im wondering it i would ever need the wifi or bluetooth of the Pi3B.

Depending on your config and your devices there’s likely to be A LOT of breaking changes since 35.

Zwave has changed massively in that time for a start. Not to mention keyword changes in automations.

You can either:

• Upgrade, use your old config, and work your way through the error messages when it boots correcting for breaking changes.

• Start a fresh, and use your old config as a guide.

I think I’d favour the latter with such a big jump tbh.

i loaded another raspberry pi 3 with the haspian image. if i move the z wave adapter to this raspberry pi will the zwave network still be set up? will i have to go and re add all the devices? i dont seem to have a log in propmt from the console of the hasspian image is this normal? also ssh does not work is that normal for hassbian?also can anyone tell me the main differneces betweeen the all in one installer and hasspian?