Updating to 61.0 Hassio

Got same experience as you (sporadic UI not loading) on 61.0 as well.

Been wanting to migrate from Hassbian to Hassio, given your experience I might now wait for 61.2 till I give hassio a go.

From another thread I found out the errors I got were due to my system not booting fast enoughā€¦ I tried to disable some components and it boots! Iā€™ve now set up mariadb as to make it a bit faster and I ordered a pi3 xD

No luck trying to updateā€¦ 60.1 works ok, 61.1 is ā€œloading dataā€ forever!
Supervisor is 0.83 on a PI3.

Back to 60.1!

Hi guys, maybe you can helpā€¦ I am unable to update Hassio after 0.59.2. I am running most up to date version of the supervisor (0.83), but I cant manage to update HA. Iā€™ve tried to update it both on the front-end and via the command line (using hassio homeassistant update and curl -d methods). All the errors and log notes are not really descriptive in itā€™s nature, especially since Iā€™m 100% sure these versions and images DO exist.

On the command line the error Iā€™m getting is:
{"result": "error", "message": null}

supervisor logs:

I rebooted my rPi the next day and the Hass.io tab worked and I did not get the errors in the logs

Updated to 0.61.1 and no problems. Also running supervisor 0.83ā€¦
Everything is working wellā€¦

I found the problem, it was the chuangmi custom componentā€¦ all good now!

how do i downgrade. new and dont know. i updated to 61 and none of my switchs let me control them

After few days of headaches with the new version, i found that the main issue with all errors in my Supervisor are because home assistant could not connect with curl to other hostnames.
Same errors all the time
curl: (6) Could not resolve host:

Duckdns addon is not working and says:
ERROR: Problem connecting to server (get for https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory; curl returned with 6)

Wheather stopped, nmap is stopped, cloud component is not working mtqq is not working and all others that need a connection from HA to the outside world.

At the same time, my panel is accessible from outside to my xxx.duckdns.org:8123 without any issues.

I found a threat that says that the docker needs to have a falback Google DNS. So i went to /etc/ and nano the resolv.conf with the following:

nameserver 8.8.8.8
options ndots:0

After that via SSH i can curl hostnames but still cannot connect via HA.

Please help meā€¦ to solve that huge issue

btw. I found this issue report

But i am with RPi3 and everything was working just perfect before the upgrade.

I ran into something similarly recently, Im running on ubuntu, but following the advice in the bottom this linked thread to update the hostā€™s resolv.comf fixed the issues for me.

I fix it with deleting the home-assistant_v2.db file :slight_smile:

Question @Peter_Iliev - What gets lost if you kill that DB file? im running into this issue now on my system.

Killing your DB will have influence on your history and logbook

1 Like