Upgrade core from core-2021.8.7 to core-2021.9.3 breaks z-wave js

Tried to upgrade to core-2021.9.3 and I get the following error…

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave_js] Invalid server version: Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: 1.9.1 a version is required that supports at least api schema 8

All of my z-wave devices are unavailable.

I’m not showing any updates for z-wave js in the ui? I was able to restore to core-2021.8.7 but need advice on how to move forward.

1 Like

I just upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3. My z-wave JS is:

Driver Version: 8.1.1
Server Version: 1.10.0
Home ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Nodes ready: 89 / 89

I have all z-wave devices functioning.

I sometimes have problems getting the updates after upgrading to show on my browser and I have to log out and log back in. I think it is a browser refresh issue but haven’t tracked it down yet. I have also had to reboot the host to get things to work. I sound like IT help and I apologize for that.

I don’t think it is a browser issue. Tried logging out and back in and different browser to no avail. If I do a “check” for update in z-wave js control panel I get:

21-09-05 18:52:42 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: 400, message=‘Invalid response status’, url=URL(‘http://172.30.33.0:8099/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&sid=TNbIqki6uIgNrFAnAAAK’)

I’m assuming that this is why I can’t see any updates and I’m stuck with the version that is incompatible with the latest core version. I really need some direction to resolve this.

I’m getting the same issue after upgrading today.

Hello,

Thanks for update and quick reply, I am also looking for same issue and i found lots of information here, Really appreciate.

From some digging, it looks like this is a common issue when upgrading - there are numerous similar github issues from a large span of time:

The TLDR on all of these is the versions of the various components haven’t been updated correctly somehow. For me, my updater didn’t “see” the newest version of Z-Wave JS to MQTT, even though the release had been on github for 10 days+. It showed up this morning without me having to do anything.

Updating Z-Wave JS to MQTT 0.23.4 → 0.24.1 solved the issue for me.

However, I have NO idea how to manually do this, or why it didn’t show up earlier as that release (https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-zwavejs2mqtt/releases/tag/v0.24.1) is 10 days+ old by now.

1 Like

I managed to get everything updated and working. I still log the ingress errors (above) when I load the z-wave to mqtt console although it seems to work just fine.

1 Like

did anyone figure out how to force an update of js 2 mqtt? i am having this same issue today, and i suspect updating is 2 matt is what’s needed because github shows v 0.26 as of a few hours ago, but even with auto update enabled - my home bridge is telling me i am current with v 0.25.2.

it’s only been a few hours so i will try to be patient, but mt whole z wave network is broken in the meantime so i am hoping there’s a way to speed along the auto update process …