Upgrade fails

Cant update Home Assistant Core

I am running on a raspberry pi, SSD drive. :frowning:
I have tried everything, except the thing that would solve it.

[547696966192] Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, was unable to update plugin(s) audio and all plugins must be up to date first
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 299, in async_install
    await async_update_core(self.hass, version=version, backup=backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py", line 45, in _wrapper
    raise HassioAPIError(data["message"])
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, was unable to update plugin(s) audio and all plugins must be up to date first

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 199, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1713, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1750, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 676, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 930, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 713, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 152, in async_install
    await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 411, in async_install_with_progress
    await self.async_install(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 301, in async_install
    raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, was unable to update plugin(s) audio and all plugins must be up to date firs

sounds to have the same root cause as: Unable to upload Home Assistant Core or Addons due to "audio" plugin error

have you found a solution yet? I am in the same situation

1 Like

Did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem.