Upgrade from 0.103 to 0.103.1 Failed

Hey guys my installation has failed on update from 0.103 to 0.103.1 home assistant just doesn’t boot and I can’t navigate to it via the browser.

I have hass installed in docker so I tried pip3 install homeassistant==0.102.1 to roll back and it said it was successful but my installation still won’t boot.

Just after some pointers to help me sort this thing out tomorrow. I have a monitor on the PC so if someone could help me out with the path to where things like the logs are saved and my snapshots. Hopefully I can get things running tomorrow. I’ve been meaning to setup a sync with Dropbox or Google drive to save my backups.

In the past when I’ve had such problems it’s normally been related to an error in my config. I’m not all to familiar with Linux file structures with docker so have no idea where to locate the logs so if someone could provide me that information that will be a good start.

Cheers

It’s probably not an error in your config. Lots of other people had issues as well. 0.103.2 has been release a few hours ago to fix this. See the issue here:

2 Likes

Thanks mate I’ll look into upgrading tomorrow

So I tried

sudo pip3 install homeassistant==0.103.2

And it says installed successful but once my system boots up I still can’t get home assistant to boot.

Any ideas?

Any errors in the logs?

The logs shows all the components being setup. The only errors where regarding the setup of my August lock which I know how to fix and also an Error for ZHA.

My automations aren’t triggering though so it seems they are either all switched off or HA isn’t actually doing anything. I can SSH into the PC just fine so the networking side is all good. Unless there is some network config that could have become corrupt in docker? I’m not too familiar with using Docker. However The PC itself is contactable via SSH.

It is hard to understand your setup. If you installing via pip, what has docker got to do with it?

I made a mistake I couldn’t remember how I installed it. I’m actually running Hassio in docker. I just tried on the local machine going to local:8123 and can’t get the front end to come up either.

Appreciate the help guys I ended up removing my and pulling the latest docker container and I can access it again.

How do you fix the error for the August? I’m running HA the newest version on RPI3 and the component isn’t working anymore for me.
Thanks!