Upgrade/Migrate zigbee network

hello all!

I’m currently running HAOS on a 4gb Rpi4 with a conbee 2 stick and Z2M. My zigbee network has 44 devices 18 of them are routers but there are some ocasional request failures and delays.

To try and improve this i’m thinking about changing the zigbee stick to Sonoff ZBDongle-E or the skyconnect. is this a good solution?

how hard and reliable is to migrate my devices from one stick to another all in Z2M

thanks

You need more routers. :grin: But if you must go for a hardware solution…

well, i live in an 105m^2 flat so i think i have enough routers :smiley: i barely have space to put more stuff ahah

CC2652P is a surprising option… isn’t the EFR32MG21 chip the new and improved version?

:thinking:

The EFR32MG2 is just from another vendor. For Z2M a CC2652P is recommended.
CC2652P and EFR32MG2 don’t differ too much. One is better in some area’s, the other one in other area’s.

Different competing manufactuers with different Zigbee stacks that different applications support differently.

i ended up ordering the P version eheh

what’s the best way to migrate all in Z2M?

No official way but there an unofficial way with zigpy-cli, see → migrating coordinator from ZBDongle-E to ZBDongle-P · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · Discussion #16478 · GitHub

But more important to add more Zigbee Router devices and avoid interference, see → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage