Upgrade time - Just python now

hi!

It’s been a while since I touched my Pi / HA installation “if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it” as they say and that’s worked for me. So for fun (and as it’s that time of the year) I thought I would update everything. The OS and HA went ok (ish) - HA was fun with zwave entities going from 0.95.4 to 2020.12.1 and the only thing I have to sort out now is Python because:

2020-12-28 10:44:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Support for the running Python version 3.7.3 is deprecated and will be removed in the first release after December 7, 2020. Please upgrade Python to 3.8.0 or higher.

The reason for this post is to share a very useful link i just found which explains the upgrade process for a python venv i found, see:

Only question I have is - I assume i’m ok to try using “3.8.7” version ? 3.9 doesn’t seem to be there yet.

Thoughts ?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Mark

2 Likes

bump, given the soon deprecation of 3.8

What’s your actual question?

none - I was bumping tagging this purely because it links to details on how to upgrade python, that might be useful to some.

Although bumping an old thread probably isn’t that useful given the number of threads per day…

And bumping again for those on Python 3.9 and HA 2023.1.x