Upgrade to 0.100.3 broke my Life360 tracker

I upgraded from 0.99.3 to 0.100.3 last night at 10:23pm. At that same time my Life360 tracker for my wife and I went to “not_home” although we were at home. I also had this in my log at the same time.

2019-10-21 23:38:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for life360 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-10-21 23:38:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: device_tracker
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 778, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 232, in get_platform
    f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}"
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/life360/device_tracker.py", line 36, in <module>
    from homeassistant.util.async_ import (

Here is my configuration.yaml

- platform: life360
    username: [email protected]
    password: XXXXXXXXX
    prefix: life360
    add_zones: all
    show_as_state: places, moving
    interval_seconds: 6
    max_update_wait:
      minutes: 30

Any idea how to fix this?

Why do you add the custom one and not official version?

Yes, as @pergola.fabio suggests, you should not be using the custom integration anymore. Support for that ended when the integration became part of the standard release starting with 0.95. See transition instructions.

1 Like

Thanks, that fixed it. I thought the custom component config would roll over to the standard component.

Not sure what you mean by that. The custom component/integration morphed into the standard integration, but not completely intact. There were some significant changes that were requested/required, which impacted the configuration as well. In fact, there are others yet to be done (i.e., convert to the new entity-based implementation from the old, legacy implementation. I still want/need to do that, but every time I think about starting I get overwhelmed and quit.)