Upgrade to 2021.6.6 broke thermostat

Need some help with an upgrade issue. I have a Centralite Pearl thermostat connected to HA via a conbee ii usb stick. I’ve been running 2021.3.4 for months, had no issues. The other day, I upgraded to 2021.6.6. Everything seemed fine, but my thermostat is no longer talking to HA.

“Reconfigure Device” button immediately fails. There is one warning in the logs:

2021-07-05 19:18:01 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x8190:1:0x0201]: async_initialize_channel_specific: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x8190:1:0x0201]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x8190:1:0x0201]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x8190:1:0x0201]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x8190:1:0x0201]: Message send failure')]

0x8190 is the NWK address for the thermostat, so I think this is just warning me that HA failed to reach the device.

I run the docker container on an amd64 linux box, passing the conbee device to the container.

I’d just downgrade, but I think there were db upgrades - so I expect that won’t work.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I got this working again: I had to have the thermostat leave the network, delete and re-join. The new entity ID changed, so I had to update some automation. But all seems good again.

Turns out this problem happens when home assistant is restarted. I upgraded to 2017.4.4 and still had to leave + join. I tried the thermostat’s rejoin network function, but it didn’t seem to do anything.

This is a bummer, since it requires physical access to the thermostat.

Same thing happened to me twice in the latest two updates. But before December it had run well for a year…

Yea, I couldn’t get it working reasonably again - I replaced the Centralite Pearl with a Venstar ColorTouch. It’s wifi, but it works much better.

Do you have this added with deCONZ, ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT? I just ordered two for my system and with my Conbee II and deCONZ, there is no battery and no cool mode, only heat and off. Can’t see heat/off mode from HA but can set temperature. Built a test server with ZHA and CC2531 dongle and everything works expect the battery level.

I was using ZHA. IIRC everything worked so long as I never restarted HA- once I restarted, it could only work again by leaving and rejoining.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.