Upgrade to 2023.10 fails (assist_pipeline error)

I haven’t had an upgrade fail before, and I’m not entirely sure what I’m missing. I just upgraded a number of different things, including moving the OS to 11.1 and the Supervisor is on 10.1. However, when I upgrade Home Assistant from 2023.9.2 to 2023.10.5, it reboots but shows that it’s still on 2023.9.2. I’m also seeing a handful of new errors that I can’t find any details on:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/assist_pipeline/pipeline.py:1208
First occurred: 9:38:28 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:38:28 AM

Error during setup of component assist_pipeline
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 288, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/assist_pipeline/__init__.py", line 57, in async_setup
    await async_setup_pipeline_store(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/singleton.py", line 41, in async_wrapped
    result = await func(hass)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/assist_pipeline/pipeline.py", line 1371, in async_setup_pipeline_store
    await pipeline_store.async_load()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 271, in async_load
    self.data[item[CONF_ID]] = self._deserialize_item(item)
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/assist_pipeline/pipeline.py", line 1208, in _deserialize_item
    return Pipeline(**data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: Pipeline.__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'wake_word_entity'

Before I start disabling and commenting out chucks on my config file, any ideas? I see that the wake word is in the assist pipeline, which I haven’t done any config around. Thanks!

Well. Not sure what caused it, but I tried again (at least the 4th install attempt) and it went through this time.

After it showed me 2023.10.5, it rebooted again and now shows back at 2023.9.2.

The following is in the Supervisor log:

23-10-27 10:42:33 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] No API response in 5 minutes, assuming core has had a fatal startup error
23-10-27 10:42:33 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] HomeAssistant update failed -> rollback!

Same here, trying update core 2023.9.3 to 2023.10.5

23-10-29 09:44:13 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] No API response in 5 minutes, assuming core has had a fatal startup error
23-10-29 09:44:13 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] HomeAssistant update failed → rollback!

I had the same error when upgrading Home Assistant Core from version 2023.9.2 to 2023.10.5:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 288, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/assist_pipeline/__init__.py", line 57, in async_setup
    await async_setup_pipeline_store(hass)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/singleton.py", line 41, in async_wrapped
    result = await func(hass)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/assist_pipeline/pipeline.py", line 1371, in async_setup_pipeline_store
    await pipeline_store.async_load()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/collection.py", line 271, in async_load
    self.data[item[CONF_ID]] = self._deserialize_item(item)
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/assist_pipeline/pipeline.py", line 1208, in _deserialize_item
    return Pipeline(**data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: Pipeline.__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'wake_word_entity'

After this, Home Assistant Core is rolled back to version 2023.9.2.
Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated!

FYI - I opened an issue on the github page to help draw attention to the issue:

The following was mentioned on the issue I logged:

just go to /config/.storage/ and delete assist_pipeline.pipelines then reboot and I'll be working again

I did this and was able to upgrade to 2023.10 afterwards.