Upgraded to 0.112.4 and now seeing issues with MQTT - I think?

Hi folks,

I’m not even sure where to start with this one.

I will admit to not reading about the XIAOMI integration changes - so I worked through that impact, no problemo.

But then I noticed that this weird constant toggling on…then…off… state of all my MQTT items. Have I lost connectivity to the MQTT Broker add-on? (Current version: 5.1). The log file shows connection happening… but I am a loss to know what to look for here.

Is it something similar to https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/37662 ?

chrome-capture

I’m really just looking for pointers as to where to start. This has taken the lighting to my house offline, so I have not impressed my better half!

Thanks folks,

Brendan

as a side note…

If I go into the MQTT broker integration screen and hit “Re-configure MQTT”, I get a modal in a loading state saying “Please wait while the integration is being installed” - and nothing happens.

But it is installed? I’ve run it for years?

Thanks,

Brendan

just adding some detail - looking at the log screen - I’m getting about 30 error messages a minute:

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.mqtt
Source: components/mqtt/init.py:889
Integration: MQTT (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:45:29 (60 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:47:28

Disconnected from MQTT server 127.0.0.1:1883 (1)

That is a problem, but very little chance it is caused by upgrading to 0.112.4. This issue https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/37662 is about HA startup and binary_sensors being unavailable, but I don’t see that behavior in your screenshot.

Maybe use MQTT Explorer or similar to see if you loose connection there too.

I am experiencing the same issue… Upgraded to 0.112.4 and have lost my MQTT server.

NodeRed is “connecting” to the MQTT server without success.

I might have made my situation worse by now removing the deprecated client (BeeHive), but if I’m fixing the problem then I don’t want to carry forward any legacy issues too!

Just lost my ARM server that I was using for MQTT, so I spun up a new mqtt server on my x86 server. Every system can connect excpet for my 0.112.4 home assistant supervised running in a VM.

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/init.py”, line 383, in async_subscribe async_remove = await hass.data[DATA_MQTT].async_subscribe(
KeyError: ‘mqtt’

x86_64
chassis vm
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.8
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.11
installation_type Home Assistant OS
os_name Linux
os_version 5.4.50
python_version 3.7.7
supervisor 228
timezone America/Los_Angeles
version 0.112.4
virtualenv false

jim

update:
turned off the VM that was running my HA supervised and spun up a docker Home Assistant 0.112.4.
MQTT is working with the the plain Home Assistant on docker now

Something in the HA OS is blocking my mqtt server (it’s on the same machine just not inside the VM)
If I open a terminal to the HA OS I CAN ping google.com but I cannot ping my mqtt server.

Anyone has any updates on this? I too have this issue, i loose connection for a split second to my external MQTT and then get it back (which forces my automations to trigger). This started happening around v112 of HA as well.