Upgraded to 0.30.1 - no longer load web page

Howdy, Please excuse my ignorance, am not that linux savvy.

I originally installed HA via the AIO installer, have successfully kept up with the upgrades all the way through 0.29.6. This morning I upgraded to 0.30.1.

I checked the breaking changes and updated my automations. Then ran the script check, these are the errors found:

pi@raspberrypi:/srv/hass/hass_venv/bin $ ./hass --script check_config
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./hass”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/main.py”, line 362, in main
return scripts.run(args.script)
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/init.py”, line 43, in run
if not install_package(req, target=deps_dir):
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/package.py”, line 25, in install_package
if check_package_exists(package, target):
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/package.py”, line 49, in check_package_exists
req = pkg_resources.Requirement.parse(package)
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘Requirement’
pi@raspberrypi:/srv/hass/hass_venv/bin $

The log file only has one error:

16-10-09 11:15:08 homeassistant.config: Found deprecated temperature unit in core config, expected unit system. Replace ‘temperature_unit: °F’ with ‘unit_system: imperial’

I don’t know how to tell if hass is starting/running. All I know is that when I try to load the web page, nothing happens.

I downgraded back to 0.29.6, and still the same issue, web page not loading.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello

It seems like you added something to your configuration.yaml file that isn’t allowing home assistant to load properly. What you need to do is go back into your configuration.yaml file and fix the following:

replace ‘temperature_unit: °F’ with ‘unit_system: imperial’.

When you do that, save the file and then reboot your raspberry pi with: sudo reboot

After that, wait a few minutes and check to see if home assistant now starts.

@enricfp1

Thanks for the help, I did find & replace what you indicated. I no longer have any errors in the log file. Unfortunately, I still can not see the web page.

Using the script check_config still yields the following result:

pi@raspberrypi:/srv/hass/hass_venv/bin $ ./hass --script check_config
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./hass”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/main.py”, line 362, in main
return scripts.run(args.script)
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/init.py”, line 43, in run
if not install_package(req, target=deps_dir):
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/package.py”, line 25, in install_package
if check_package_exists(package, target):
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/package.py”, line 49, in check_package_exists
req = pkg_resources.Requirement.parse(package)
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘Requirement’

This can be fixed by reinstalling ‘setuptools’ as the homeassistant user.

$ sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
$ source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
$ pip3 uninstall setuptools
$ pip3 install setuptools

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/4231