Upgrading from 0.68.1 to 0.69.1 broke all Yeelight devices

Hello community,
today I upgraded my HA from 0.68.1 to 0.69.1, everything works perfect except for Yeelight devices. HA is not able to discover them anymore.
mqtt and xiaomi aquara gateway work perfect, but there’s no way to show Yeelight devices (bulbs and ceiling lights). I also tried to copy latest netdisco from there: https://github.com/home-assistant/netdisco but no success. Maybe I have to upgrade Yeelight component, but which one?
Obliviously I already tried to delete the virtual environment and start HA installation from scratch.

Could someone help me? I’m stuck in this situation :frowning:

Thank you
Gianluca

DAMN! I found the issue. New component renamed every Yeelight devices, for example

from: light.yeelight_ceiling3_mibt77360569_miio_7811xxxxxxxxxxxx
to: light.yeelight_ceiling3_7811xxxxxxxxxxxx

So, HA discover correctly (and better than 0.68.1 version), but my HA GUI doesn’t shown them because I have to rename every configured devices!!! :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s kind of tricky if you’re having HA discover them. I’ve configured them manually so you can specify a name for each light yourself.

What do you mean?
Now I changed every references from yaml files and Yeelight devices are shown correctly on GUI.
Unfortunately I have tons of automations, customization, scenes, and so on… So I changed a lot of files.

I disabled discovery for the yeelights and created a yeelight.yaml which specifies each light (IP and name) this way the entity is always the same.

How you did it? Which word i must put in configuration to disable yeelight discovery?

@maurizio53: I believe should be:

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yeelight

Then, even in configuration.yaml add the yeelight.yaml
yeelight: !include yeelight.yaml

@sjee: thank you for tips!

@Lucas_Rey exactly that’s how I did it.

I read that discovery can ignore only this yeelight “Yeelight Sunflower light bulbs”. Is it true or will work for every yeelight light?

@sjee: Could you please show your yeelight.yaml (or parto of it) just to understand how do you format it?

- platform: yeelight
  devices:
    192.168.1.xx1:
      name: first_light
    192.168.1.xx2:
      name: second_light

and so on… and I have specified a fixed ip address for each yeelight in my dhcp server.

@sjee: Good, thank you, I’ll apply that config asap since I believe the Yeelight discovery is more efficient in that way compared to the default one. Sometime indeed, after HA restart some Yeelight device is not automatically discovered and I have to restart HA twice, or more to discover all devices.

I can confirm that with:

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yeelight

Every Yeelight devices will be ignored (I have several Ceiling Lights, led strips and bulbs)

1 Like

@sjee: Sorry, could you please show me how do you include the yeelight.yaml into configuration.yaml?
With the following:
yeelight: !include yeelight.yaml
I got:
Component not found: yeelight

:thinking:

did you create the yeelight.yaml?

In any case why not just bite the bullet and do the renaming now and continue to use discovery. I’m not a fan of these kinds of workarounds as you will find in a future release something will break that as well… but each to their own…

@Lucas_Rey you should specify it as light like this;

light: !include config/lights/yeelight.yaml

@DavidFW1960 not sure what you mean with workaround, manual configuration of a component is a proper way to do things, more over it often gives you way more control over your devices.
As for Yeelight discovery, it sometimes doesn’t discover all lights as @Lucas_Rey mentioned.

@sjee: Thank you, it works now.

@DavidFW1960: As already wrote, I’m searching for an efficient way to add Yeelight devices. The default one will scan the network searching for Yeelight and sometime it miss some devices untill I restart HA again (and again). Maybe because I have 45 wifi devices (not only Yeelight). I think I’ll solve that issue pointing HA to a specific IP without scan the whole network.

you don’t have to use a separate yeelight.yaml either. I keep all my lights in a lights.yaml which has the following to take care of my yeelights. Can’t ever see this getting broken by updates as it is so simple.

configuration.yaml

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yeelight

light: !include lights.yaml

lights.yaml

- platform: yeelight
  devices:
    192.168.0.42:
      name: Bedroom Lamp
    192.168.0.43:
      name: Couch Light