Upgrading from python 3.9 to python3.10

So I’m running the latest version of core 2022.12.0 on raspbian OS bullseye (aarch64)
I’ve installed python 3.10 following these instructions,

But modifying them to suit 3.10.

So the python install goes correctly, as does the installation of homeassistant, but when I start hass, I’m getting a lot of problems.

It seems to want to install rapidfuzz v1.1.1 but fails and the initial run grinds to a halt after that…

i.e. towards the end of the rapidfuzz install attempt I get this (this is just a snippet f the output): -

ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package rapidfuzz==1.1.1: WARNING: Ignoring invalid distribution -apidfuzz (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages)

src/cpp_process.hpp:335:1:   required from here
      src/rapidfuzz-cpp/rapidfuzz/details/matching_blocks.hpp:163:109: warning: unused parameter ‘blockmap_s1’ [-Wunused-parameter]
      error: command '/usr/bin/gcc' failed with exit code 1
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for rapidfuzz
WARNING: Ignoring invalid distribution -apidfuzz (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.10/site-packages)
  error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Running setup.py install for rapidfuzz did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [118 lines of output]

I get the same if I try to install rapidfuzz 1.1.1 on it;s own, using pip3.
Has anyone else tried this?

Just doing a bit of research, but does hass actually need rapidfuzz or is this likely an integration problem?