Upgrading to Home Assistant 2024.8 the Alexa Media Player integration stopped working

This solution doesn’t work for me. My manifest.json already has that info.

THIS. This is the important part to note. cuz that’s exactly where the problem is.

I have not updated to 2024.8. Looking at previous versions of amp. All line in manifest.json shows the same. Why having == worked in the past and not now???

"requirements": ["alexapy==1.28.2", "packaging>=20.3", "wrapt>=1.14.0"],

I’m curious the OP marked the solution as adding 1.28.2. Does his manifest shows == or >=

HI
after the change

What does this sentence mean?
Where should I set?

“Please confirm the information below. For legacy configuration, disable Use Login Proxy method option”

You have a typo where you made the change. It should be alexapy not alexap

Why not upgrading your custom integrations on a regular basis?
This was fixed 3 days ago

1 Like

I am on 4.12.7 as of a few days ago.
I reset it up, but every 30 minutes or so it fails.
Here is my log file for it.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:604
First occurred: 8:42:39 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:42:39 AM

Error setting up entry [email protected] - amazon.com for alexa_media
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 604, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/alexa_media/__init__.py", line 359, in async_setup_entry
    await login.login(cookies=await login.load_cookie())
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/alexapy/alexalogin.py", line 328, in load_cookie
    cookies = pickle.loads(await myfile.read())
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/http/cookies.py", line 312, in __setitem__
    raise CookieError("Invalid attribute %r" % (K,))
http.cookies.CookieError: Invalid attribute 'partitioned'

I did a hard reset, rebooted, basically all the usual attempts to fix, but still having problems.

Thank you

1 Like

To be honest, I’m never looking at the logs as long as stuffs are working.
It seems that I have some errors too but it is not preventing the integration to work

Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]: 2024-08-11 15:02:15.196 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry ******.******@******.com - amazon.fr for media_player
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.12/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 604, in async_setup
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:     result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.12/site-packages/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py", line 442, in async_setup_entry
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:     return await component.async_setup_entry(entry)
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.12/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 184, in async_setup_entry
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]:     raise ValueError(
Aug 11 15:02:15 hassbian hass[10728]: ValueError: Config entry ******.******@******.com - amazon.fr (921c00378649a4368f94a18c496a90e9) for alexa_media.media_player has already been setup!

Maybe open an issue on the gitlab of the integration

Thank you. Will go to gitlab and post my problem.

yeah, this broke my alexa media integration as well. I ended up rolling back and all is fine. I will wait until it is fixed and then update again.

Still not working with HA 8.2 and Alexa 4.12.8 on 08-18-24

Same here. Getting constantly asked to re-authenticate

I’m thinking to downgrade HA because of it :frowning: (never had to do it!)

1 Like

I have downgraded to 7.2 to keep Alexa text-to-speech working. I hope it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to solve this?

No matter what version I have, this message keeps coming back

1 Like

Is there any update on this?

I know that I am not being very helpful but my text-to-speech on Alexa devices works fine in my HA.

Yesterday I just started to get the error:
The automation "Clear Alexa History @ 11:50 PM" (`automation.new_automation_3` ) has an unknown action: `alexa_media.clear_history` .

Is this part of the same problem?

I’ve tried

"requirements": ["alexapy>=1.28.2", "packaging>=20.3", "wrapt>=1.14.0"],
and
"requirements": ["alexapy==1.28.2", "packaging>=20.3", "wrapt>=1.14.0"],

and a restart but neither solves my problem.

Starting on July 25, 2024 I was unable to retrieve “temperature” from my echo dots which is consistent with the posts above but the “clear history” just started yesterday so I’m not sure if I have some other new problem or not.

I’m running:

The solutions above did not help.
I was hopeful 2024.9 might fix things with Alexa.
No such luck.
I had to skip all of the 2024.8 releases because Alexa’s voice is essential to my home security.
I’m going back to 2024.7.4
Is there any hope of a fix?

1 Like

I had the same problem.
Just noticed an update in HACS (v4.12.12) I was version v4.12.7.
Upgraded and it worked!

I posted on Alexa Media GitHub re the clearing of history and this is the response that I received:

Amazon no longer supports that call and you have to use their app to clear history.
Delete Some or All of Your Voice History in the Alexa App - Amazon Customer Service

:frowning: