URL Scheme....?

Hi everybody
here is A question
(not a programmer in my skill)
we all love HA and want to control every thing within it and
in my case i control my sonoff switches and ir devices with it,
but i want to add more sort of devices.
most of the devices today (cameras, tv’s, reciver’s, kodi, etc )come with theirs unique apps already
wouldn’t it be much easier just to use some kind of URL Scheme for Example in case of iso and other like URL Scheme for android, instead of trying to bring every thing into HA ?
and if so what would i need to do in HA and i would go back from the apps back to HA

Thanks
Refael

most of the devices today (cameras, tv’s, reciver’s, kodi, etc )come with theirs unique apps already

They do, indeed.
But that most likely means that you can’t access your devices when your internet connection is down - let alone the fact that somebody has access to a device that’s on your network. Hard to say what kind of access this device might allow to your home network due to security issues in the device firmware, etc.

None of my not-so-smart lightbulbs, power plugs, and even cameras needs and therefore has internet access. So, if they cannot access the web they can’t send information out that I would not want to share.

And that’s why I love HA - it has been developed to provide maximum off-line functionality.