USB Camera in homeassistant

Hello, I bought small USB Cameras and currently I have them plugged into an industrial Pc , which also runs my home assistsnt on virtual box. Via the software Agent DVR and it’s home assistant integration I got my cameras in home assistant ( working fine). I have 2 problems though:

1. I use the WebRTC Camera Integration and I can only view the Cams if I open home assistant via PC ( maybe some format issue) on mobile phones I get black screen. So: it’s possible to see the camera if I open home assistant from any pc but it isn’t via mobile phones.
  2. I need to have the cameras plugged into my pc, but I want to have them anywhere in the house, independent from the PC. Is there any easy way how to do it? Thanks in advance!

I use motioneye with my usb cameras, without webrtc. At least visible on Androind, no idea about IOS.

@francisp, how stable does your USB camera run with Motioneye?
Mine stops working (USB device not available) every few days.

You can use a Raspberry Pi for instance, with Motioneye (or another program). This will make a videostream from your USB camera. MotionEye also works good on phones.

Another option (cheaper) is a ESPCam with ESPHome.

Can you not just use cheap wifi cameras?

Hey, personally I want the camera to be as small as possible, to integrate it into something ( to make it kinda invisible). Therefore i didn’t find a suiting wlan-cam.

You will not find much smaller than an ESP32-cam.

Hey, I tried motioneye add on , but somehow it doesn’t detect the camera , even tho i can find it in the device-manager etc. Idk why.