'usb_path' being depreciated? What do I put in it's place?

I am getting the general warning message below (not specific to only zha); suggesting for me to remove any lines me that contain “ usb_path

[homeassistant.components.zha] The 'usb_path' option is depreciated, please remote it from your configuration.  This option will become invalid in version 0.112

If I were to remove both lines containing “ usb_path ” below, should I expect both z-wave and zha controllers and respective connected devices to still work correctly? How would someone add these devices to a new HA setup if these lines shouldn’t be used?

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyS1
  device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml
  network_key: "0xa1, 0x1d, 0xb7, 0xa7, 0x11, 0x7a, 0x4c, 0x2f, 0x20, 0xfa, 0x10, 0xea, 0xdc, 0x18, 0xcc, 0xce"

zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyS0
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db

Configure them through the UI.

Thanks. So, just to be clear, even on brand new HA installations, both Zwave and ZHA controllers will be automatically detected when Home Assistant starts up?

No, serial device is located in the UI configuration. It’s only being deprecated in zha yaml. It seems like this is the beginning steps towards shifting to full UI configuration.

EDIT: To further clarify, usb_path is not deprecated for zwave.

1 Like