"usb_path" deprecated; How to specify, then?

The 0.110 release notes says “usb_path” in yaml is deprecated. Fair enough.
Now I wonder where to specify that path via the gui?

The ZHA integration card doesn’t seem to allow specifying that value (maybe because it was added by yaml).
System options only gives me the option to enable new entities.

It’s 1 of 2 fields that appear when you integrate it through the UI. Impossible to miss.

So with people already having this integrated and set up it will already be somewhere in .storage and we don’t need to worry about it ?
Further when ‘removed’ (after deprecation) it will complain about us having to remove it from config ?

Yes, the breaking change states “Yaml configuration variables are deprecated”.

I assume that this means yaml configuration for that integration is going away.

Well, even if it is storage somewhere, the problem is that you cannot edit it anymore.
Just removed it, HA starts fine, but I cannot find anywhere where to change the value.

Yeah, I went through the UI options too.
I assume it’s one of the dialogues that come up when first integrating … (though how a newbie can answer that, without fore-knowledge ??? ) … abit bit like onboarding.

@petro I know this isn’t you and you have been helpful, but I thought I’d “ask the dumb questions first”

The logical place where it could be edited should be here, I guess.

Annotation 2020-05-21 142423

Yeah logical, maybe if you add another Z(igbee)-Stick it will pop up at that point ??

If the property is not editable, write up an issue against the integration. For the time being, your options are to reconfigure to change that value or edit the .storage files.

1 Like

I have two Zigbee dongles because I use ZHA for most devices but I also run zigbee2mqtt for devices where ZHA is not implemented. I specified the devices in yaml files will this being deprecated cause issues?

See the explanations in the ticket.
Once the usb path is set, it can never be changed, be it through yaml or GUI. Changing the yaml value has no effect.

So, basically, the deprecation only pertains to new integrations, which will only be possible via GUI as of 0.112

how is it solved??